Oscars 2010: Christoph Waltz - Best Supporting Actor Inglourious BasterdsMarch 8th, 2010 - 9:26 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Los Angeles, Mar 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Christoph Waltz has won the Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in the Quentin Tarantino film, “Inglourious Basterds.”
Christoph Waltz was born in Vienna Austria. His parents were set designers by the names Johannes Waltz and Elisabeth Urbancic. His grandparents were also actors and his great grandparents worked in the theatre as well.
He is an award winning Austrian Actor, who studied acting at the Max Reinhardt Seminar in Vienna, and the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York. He played the role of Standartenführer Hans Landa aka “The Jew Hunter” in Quentin Tarantino’s 2009 film Inglourious Basterds. He won the Best Actor Award at the 2009 Cannes Festival, and received much acclaim for the role.
In 2009, he began receiving awards for Best Supporting Actor role from the New York Film Critics Circle, Boston Society of Film Critics,Los Angeles Film Critics Association and for Best Supporting Actor at the 67th Golden Globe Awards and the 16th Screen Actors Guild Awards. He is fluent in three languages, German, French, and English, and speaks all three in the movie “Inglourious Basterds.” Although he also spoke Italian in the movie, he does not speak the language.
- Christoph Waltz wins best supporting actor Oscar - Mar 08, 2010
- Polanski, Tarantino win French Cesar awards - Feb 27, 2011
- Christoph Waltz Takes Home Oscar As Best Supporting Actor - Mar 08, 2010
- Foxx to replace Smith in 'Django Unchained'? - Jun 25, 2011
- 2010 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor - Feb 25, 2010
- Unforgettable villain steals 'Inglourious Basterds' - Aug 21, 2009
- Quentin Tarantino to make next film as homage to spaghetti Westerns - May 03, 2011
- Christoph Waltz injured on 'Django Unchained' sets - Oct 02, 2011
- Tarantino to make 'Inglourious Basterds' prequel - Mar 10, 2010
- Oscars 2010: Christoph Waltz wins the award for the Best Supporting actor at the 82nd Academy Awards - Mar 08, 2010
- Colin Firth, Carey Mulligan named Best Brit Actor and Actress by film critics - Feb 19, 2010
- 'The Hurt Locker' sets records at 82nd Academy Awards (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2010
- Christoph Waltz to replace Nicholas Cage in The Green Hornet - Sep 16, 2009
- LA, Boston critics hail The Hurt Locker as 'best flick' - Dec 15, 2009
- Woody Harrelson convinced he won't win Oscar - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: actor role, actors guild awards, basterds, boston society of film critics, cannes festival, golden globe awards, lee strasberg, lee strasberg theatre, lee strasberg theatre and film institute, los angeles film critics association, max reinhardt, max reinhardt seminar, new york film, new york film critics, quentin tarantino, screen actors guild, screen actors guild awards, tarantino film, three languages, vienna austria