Oscar nomination ballots sent to nearly 6,000 votersDecember 28th, 2010 - 4:09 pm ICT by BNO News
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) — Nearly 6,000 voting members of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences on Monday received their nomination ballots for the 83rd Academy Awards.
The ballots were mailed on Monday to 5,755 voting members who will determine the Oscar nominations, which will be announced on January 25 at 5.30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Members have to return the ballots by 5 p.m. PT on January 14.
Nomination and final Awards ballots are tabulated by accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers to ensure that all aspects of the balloting process are conducted with fairness and accuracy. Ballots received later than 5 p.m. PT on January 14 will not be counted.
Prior to mailing, the PricewaterhouseCoopers staff administered a verification process to ensure there are no duplicate ballots and that none are missing, the Academy said. In addition to being counted and sorted, the ballots were numbered to guarantee that each one is addressed to the appropriate Academy voter.
The Oscars will be presented live on February 27 at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood and will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide. The show will be hosted by actor James Franco, 32, and actress Anne Hathaway, 28.
Franco can currently be seen in “127 Hours” but is also known for his roles in movies such as “Eat, Love, Pray,” “Date Night,” “Milk” and “Pineapple Express.” He is also known for his portrayals of Harry Osborn in the “Spider-Man” trilogy.
Hathaway was recently seen in “Alice in Wonderland” and currently can be seen in “Love and Other Drugs.” Other films include “Bride Wars,” “Becoming Jane,” “The Devil Wears Prada” and “The Princess Diaries.” She was nominated for an Oscar in 2008 for her lead performance in “Rachel Getting Married.”
- Oscar ballots mailed to academy members - Dec 28, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- James Franco, Anne Hathaway to host 2011 Oscars - Nov 30, 2010
- 83rd Academy Awards to be held on February 27, 2011 - Mar 26, 2010
- Oscar Nominations For Best Original Song Revealed - Dec 17, 2010
- Actor Eddie Murphy to host the 2012 Oscars - Sep 07, 2011
- Who chooses the Oscar winners? - Feb 21, 2009
- Mo'Nique to announce Oscar nominations this year - Jan 05, 2011
- "Avatar" and "The Hurt Locker" lead 82nd Academy Awards nominations - Feb 03, 2010
- After bad show as host, Franco skips Oscar party - Mar 01, 2011
- Top honours crown 'The King's Speech' at 83rd Oscars (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
- Eddie Murphy to host 84th Oscar ceremony - Sep 07, 2011
- Darbar's charge 'unprecedented and preposterous': Oscar panel - Jun 11, 2011
- Anne Hathaway, James Franco initially said no to hosting Oscars - Feb 26, 2011
- 'Adaminte Makan Abu' out of Oscar race - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: academy of motion pictures, academy of motion pictures arts and sciences, accounting firm, actor james, alice in wonderland, anne hathaway, becoming jane, beverly hills california, bno, fairness and accuracy, harry osborn, james franco, kodak theatre, members of the academy of motion pictures, motion pictures arts, oscar nomination, oscar nominations, princess diaries, samuel goldwyn theater, voting members