Oscar-Nominated Actress Jill Clayburgh Passes Away At 66November 6th, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Lakeville, Nov 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Noted actress Jill Clayburgh passed away at her Lakeville, Connecticut home on Friday after a long battle with leukemia. During her illustrious career spanning across years, Jill Clayburgh is known to have portrayed a number of author-backed roles which highlighted the strength as well as vulnerabilities of modern day women. The news of the unfortunate demise of the 66-year-old Oscar nominated actress has left her large number of fans rather dismayed.
Jill Clayburgh’s husband playwright David Rabe has confirmed to the media that the much-acclaimed actress ultimately succumbed to leukemia while he also went on to add that the “Starting Over” star was battling with chronic lymphocytic leukemia for the past 21 years. According to reports, Jill Clayburgh breathed her last during the early hours of Friday morning and she was surrounded by her family members as well as close friends during the last moments of her life.
A major milestone in Jill Clayburgh’s career came in the year 1978 when she starred in the flick “An Unmarried Woman” that enabled her to win rave reviews. Her portrayal of a divorced woman who tries to start her life all over again after her husband leaves her for a younger woman, won her the first Academy award nomination of her acting career. The next year, the celebrated actress was again honored with an Oscar nomination for the comedy “Starting Over” in which she co-stars with Burt Reynolds. Apart from her association with a number of highly-regarded movies, Jill Clayburgh also won accolades in the small screen with her roles in “Nip/Tuck,” “n Law & Order,” “The Practice,” among others.
- Academy Award Nominated Actress Jill Clayburgh Dies At 66 - Nov 07, 2010
- Lily Rabe Cancels Broadway Play To Mourn For Her Mother - Nov 07, 2010
- Actress Jill Clayburgh dies of chronic leukemia - Nov 07, 2010
- Lily Rabe Unable To Perform For Her Mother's Demise - Nov 06, 2010
- Helen Mirren Lashes Out At Hollywood Sexism - Dec 09, 2010
- Meryl Streep wins the Oscar for the Best Lead Actress - Feb 28, 2012
- Tannishtha stars in 'Anna Karenina' adaptation - Oct 11, 2011
- Jean Dujardin, Meryl Streep win best actors - Feb 27, 2012
- British actress Susannah York dies aged 72 - Jan 16, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow Had A Secret Weapon For The Addiction In 'Country Strong' - Jan 03, 2011
- Kidman wants to extend her brood - Feb 04, 2011
- Amitabh to shoot for makeup man's film (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Queen found 'The King's Speech' 'moving and enjoyable' - Feb 04, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth amused by 'The King's Speech' - Feb 05, 2011
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: academy award nomination, acting career, burt reynolds, celebrated actress, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, close friends, divorced woman, first academy, friday morning, gina gomez, illustrious career, jill clayburgh, lakeville connecticut, leukemia, nip tuck, oscar nomination, playwright david rabe, portrayal, unfortunate demise, unmarried woman