Oscar Makes Fisher Stevens A Very Happy ManMarch 9th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Beverly Hills, Mar 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fisher Stevens is all giggles this season. With the winning of the Oscars, he has established himself as a potent figure in Hollywood; one who is respected and admired by all. The 46 year old American actor and the Oscar winning producer has come along a long way in fulfilling his dreams and see them come true at the Oscars 2010. Fisher Stevens had started his career with his Naked Angels Theater Company and today he stands proud among all the leading men of Hollywood as his noble attempt to fight against an ecological crime has been rewarded.
“The Cove,” which earned him the Oscar as the co-producer of the project is a sharp portrayal of coveted dolphin killing trade which is practiced with little regret in Japan. The waters of Taji recorded under great lens work from Nat Geo camera crew is a treat for one and all who have actually seen the movie.
Fisher Stevens was alarmed by the fact that a creature like dolphin is a worthy asset to a fisher man and if sold to a dolphinarium it would raise its demand to a price of $150,000. With Richard O’Barry’s intervention in to the project, “The Cove” received its element to be fully transformed into a docu-movie. Richard Berry himself has spent years in training dolphins since his “Flipper” days and his involvement in the movie was something which was both a necessity as well as a boon. Fisher Stevens feels that people should stop visiting the dolphinariums. As he puts it forward, that might be the first step from any regular guy to come up and support the ecological cause.
- Dolphin activists oppose Sea World project in Maharashtra - Feb 29, 2012
- 'The Cove' bags best documentary, features Oscar - Mar 08, 2010
- NGO opposes dolphin park in Maharashtra - Nov 05, 2011
- People don't know how to use 3-D: Spielberg - Jul 26, 2011
- "The Cove" Bags Oscar As Best Feature Documentary - Mar 08, 2010
- 'War Horse' to release in India Feb 10 - Jan 13, 2012
- Major Winners of the 2010 Oscars, The Hurt Locker sweeps the awards - Mar 08, 2010
- Woody Allen wins Golden Globe for best screenplay - Jan 16, 2012
- Eddie Fisher Bids Adieu To The World At 82 - Sep 24, 2010
- 'The Hurt Locker' sets records at 82nd Academy Awards (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2010
- Zoya Akhtar’s Maleewood Taps Regional Talent - Jan 28, 2011
- Actor Eddie Murphy to host the 2012 Oscars - Sep 07, 2011
- Don't open dolphinarium, PETA tells Jairam - Mar 22, 2010
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- Docu on Italian designer Valentino longlisted for next year's Oscar - Nov 20, 2009
Tags: american actor, beverly hills, boon, camera crew, dolphin, dolphinarium, dolphins, ecological cause, fisher man, fisher stevens, happy man, leading men, lens work, naked angels, nat geo, noble attempt, oscars, portrayal, ranjan, taji