Oscar Fashions 2010: The Good The Bad and the UglyMarch 8th, 2010 - 10:39 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Mar 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After much anticipating, deliberating, waiting and waiting, the night had finally arrived. After a whole year to decide what to wear, most attendees waltzed in looking like a million bucks, but there were still the inevitable few, who looked more like they had just “thrown something together,” than had a world famous designer to dress them.
Sarah Jessica Parker is one example. Her pale yellow Chanel gown was more like a curtain wrapped around her and held up by aluminum foil at the breasts. It was baggy, not flowing, and swallowed her whole. Vera Farmiga,was also pretty far out there with her very brightly (fushia?) colored gown with it’s super-sized ruffles wrapping around her whole body. She is an elegant, beautiful woman, that was also completely overwhelmed by her dress. And then there was Charlize Theron. Girl what were you thinking?!? Her soft lilac Christian Dior gown had a flattering fit, and gorgeous color with her skin tone, but then they had to go and add the rosettes, also super-sized. Silk rosettes circling around each breast in 80’s Madonna like fashion may not be the best choice for such a fashion oriented event.
But along with the bad, there was a whole lot of good, and Sandra Bullock was definitely in a league of her own. She shined brilliantly like the star that she is as she stepped up to accept her first Oscar. Her gorgeous floor length Marchesa gown shimmered with her every move. It was covered in tiny gold beaded flowers, that flowed over her torso, and across her shoulders. She was simply stunning.
Penelope Cruz was ravishingly spicy in a red Bordeaux duchess satin draped gown by Donna Karan. Her frosting included diamond earrings, and bracelets designed by Chopard. And then there was Cameron Diaz. She brought back the old Hollywood glamor right along with Sandra Bullock in a glittering, frothy, gold and white gown by Oscar de la Renta, accessorized with a Cartier Private Archive ring of white gold and diamonds.
- Oscars 2010: Red Carpet Tidbits and Moments 2 - Mar 08, 2010
- Style quotient at Oscars - hits and misses - Feb 28, 2011
- The fashion statement at the Academy Awards was understated but chic - Mar 08, 2010
- Academy Awards 2010: Oscar Red Carpet Fashions - Mar 08, 2010
- Oscars: Fashion on the Red Carpet-Royal Purples & Fiery Reds - Feb 28, 2011
- Sandra Bullock Shimmers At Golden Globe Awards 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- Sandra Bullock Becomes Best Actress, And Worst Too - Mar 08, 2010
- Fashion At Academy Awards: Simple And Gorgeous - Mar 08, 2010
- I would forgive Kat if she cheats: Jesse James - May 07, 2011
- Penelope Cruz avoids necklaces - Mar 19, 2010
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- Bullock sues watch company - Mar 03, 2012
- 68th Annual Globe Golden Awards: The Fashion Quotient Stars In Pinks And Greens - Jan 17, 2011
- Colorful Emmy Award's 2009 Show-stealers - Sep 21, 2009
- FBI says that the 'Sandra Bullock murder plot' tip is 'not credible' - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: 80 s madonna, aluminum foil, cameron diaz, christian dior, diamond earrings, duchess satin, glamor, gorgeous color, marchesa gown, old hollywood, oscar de la renta, penelope cruz, private archive, red bordeaux, rosettes, sandra bullock, sarah jessica parker, skin tone, vera farmiga, white gown