Osbourne sues Black Sabbath bandmate over royalty paymentsMay 31st, 2009 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 31 (ANI): Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne has filed a lawsuit against his bandmate Tony Iommi over royalty payments.
The singer claims that Iommi falsely claims to have sole rights to the group’s name that has left him with the royalties’ bill from merchandise sales.
The 60-year-old is seeking unspecified damages along with lost profits and a declaration saying he is a half-owner of the trademark, which Iommi registered in the US nine years ago.
Osbourne recently issued a statement, asking the guitarist to “do the right thing”.
“Tony, I am so sorry it’s had to get to this point by me having to take this action against you,” The BBC quoted him as saying.
“We’ve all worked too hard and long in our careers to allow you to sell merchandise that features all our faces, old Black Sabbath album covers and band logos, and then you tell us that you own the copyright,” he added.
Osbourne further said the band’s all four original members should have an equal share to Black Sabbath’s name, adding: “I hope that by me taking this first step that it will ultimately end up that way.” (ANI)
- Ozzy Records Lennon's Song 'How' To Mark His 70th Birthday - Oct 08, 2010
- Ozzy Osbourne still suffers from drug side effects - Feb 19, 2011
- Drugs, drinks have made Ozzy Osbourne forget daughter's b'day - Apr 29, 2011
- Rob Angry At Ozzy - Jul 30, 2010
- Ozzy Osbourne's genes may explain his survival, say scientists - Nov 04, 2010
- Jonny Depp to play Ozzy Osbourne? - Jun 02, 2010
- Johnny Depp to play Ozzy Osbourne? - May 02, 2010
- Ozzy Osbourne says he won't give up sex until he's dead - Dec 06, 2010
- I'm a hypochondriac: Ozzy Osbourne - Jul 08, 2010
- Slash honoured in Los Angeles - Aug 31, 2010
- Ward gives Black Sabbath fans new reunion hope - Apr 03, 2009
- How Ozzy Ozbourne quit cocaine? - Jun 16, 2010
- Absent minded Ozzy Osbourne - May 01, 2011
- Heavy metal legend Ronnie James Dio has died - May 17, 2010
- Health conscious Osbourne opted for regular sex check-ups - Jun 22, 2010
Tags: album covers, band logos, bbc, black sabbath, black sabbath frontman, damages, do the right thing, equal share, faces, guitarist, london, merchandise sales, nine years, ozzy osbourne, profits, royalties, royalty payments, sole rights, tony iommi