Orlando Bloom shuns Valentine’’s Day celebrations to help Oz-bushfire victimsFebruary 16th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 16 (ANI): Although Orlando Bloom flew out to Australia to visit girlfriend Miranda Kerr for Valentine’’s Day, the actor scrapped all his cosy plans to focus on the relief efforts following the country’’s devastating bushfires.
The Pirates of Caribbean star reached Down Under on February 9 to spend some romantic moments with his ladylove.
However, he got more involved with the relief efforts following the blaze, which broke out across Australia’’s Victoria state, killing more than 180 people and leaving thousands more homeless.
The star insisted that contributing to the Red Cross appeal to help people affected by the disaster was more important for him than Valentine’’s celebrations.
“My heart is very much with Australia. Not just due to this stunning young lady (Kerr). I never cease to be amazed by the courage and spirit of the Australian people. Miranda is from the bush area and knows all about bushfire. We have both been so upset by it, the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
He added: “I came out to have fun and spend Valentine’’s Day with her, but this has become far more important to us both.” (ANI)
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom Become Proud Parents Of Baby Boy - Jan 09, 2011
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr to wed in Los Angeles? - Jun 27, 2010
- Kerr cuts on foreign projects for son - Sep 06, 2012
- Orlando Bloom And Miranda Kerr Engaged - Jun 22, 2010
- Miranda Kerr And Orlando Bloom Are Engaged To Be Married - Jun 22, 2010
- Orlando Bloom And Miranda Kerr Excited About Welcoming Their First Child - Aug 21, 2010
- How Orlando Bloom impressed Miranda Kerr's parents - Jul 26, 2010
- Orlando Bloom engaged to Miranda Kerr - Dec 15, 2009
- Miranda Kerr's mum says Orlando Bloom is a true gentleman - Jul 25, 2010
- Dad-to-be Orlando Bloom 'really excited' - Aug 21, 2010
- No trouble in marriage: Miranda Kerr - Jul 25, 2012
- Supermodel Miranda Kerr Announces That She Is Pregnant - Aug 20, 2010
- Bloom, Kerr to move to New York? - Aug 03, 2012
- Miranda Kerr gives birth to baby boy - Jan 08, 2011
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom anticipating their 1st baby's birth - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: blaze, bush, caribbean star, celebrations, courage, daily express, disaster, girlfriend, ladylove, london feb, miranda kerr, orlando bloom, pirates of caribbean, red cross appeal, relief efforts, romantic moments, spirit, valentine s day, victoria state, young lady