Ora’s parents were unaware of her interestsAugust 13th, 2012 - 5:33 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 13 (IANS) Singer Rita Ora says her parents were not aware about her interest in singing or if it was the right career choice for her.
“I’m not sure where I get the singing from. No one in my family is musical at all. When I told my parents, ‘OK, I want to sing.’ They were like, ‘Huh?’,” contactmusic.com quoted Ora as saying.
However, when the 21-year-old singer’s mother heard her sing, she understood her love for music.
“My mum wasn’t sure I even could sing, so she came to my choir to check and once she heard me, she got it. My parents have always played music in the house and my mum would dance to Tina Turner in the kitchen. So I must have picked it up from there,” she said.
- Ora didn't religiously follow school rulebook - Jun 10, 2012
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012
- I'm lonely: Rita Ora - Sep 14, 2012
- Rita Ora would like to return back to the 'X Factor' - May 30, 2012
- Rita Ora finds Beyonce amazing - Jun 18, 2012
- Not dating Kim's bro : Rita Ora - Aug 06, 2012
- Rita Ora loves planning surprises - Aug 21, 2012
- Rita Ora's twitter page hacked - Sep 02, 2012
- Rita Ora plans fashion debut - Aug 10, 2012
- I thought my family was odd: Arterton - Oct 09, 2011
- Dannii Minogue to make music again - Nov 27, 2011
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- Aniston's teenage troubles - Dec 17, 2011
- Lawrence said no to singing career - Mar 06, 2012
- Lionel Richie plans concert at daughter's wedding - Apr 07, 2010