Oprah’s Comments To ‘Parade’ Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin’s PresidencyDecember 24th, 2010 - 11:00 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
December 24, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Oprah Winfrey, the American Empress of daytime television, has provided her views on the possible presidential bid in 2012 from the conservative Republican sweetheart, Sarah Palin, who, nonetheless, is a colossally divisive persona in the U.S. Winfrey, on being interviewed by the Parade magazine, uttered that the Americans could be smitten by Palin as a television figure on account of her reality program, Sarah Palin’s Alaska, in which, as per Winfrey, Palin was extremely charismatic and agreeable. However, Winfrey has stated that she did not know Palin, the ex-Alaskan Governor, intimately and was unsure whether Palin would compete for the Presidency in 2012.
Parade queried Winfrey, regarded as an epitome of liberalness, about whether she was alarmed by the possibility of a right-wing presidency of Palin from 2012. Winfrey’s rejoinder was that she trusted the judiciousness of the American populace. This statement of Winfrey has been construed by the political pundits as a taunt from Winfrey that the Americans are too smart to be seduced by someone like Palin. Another observation of Winfrey to Parade has been interpreted as Winfrey judges that Palin possesses the charm, which will eventually become paler. Palin had opposed Obama’s presidential bid in 2008 as the Republican Vice Presidential nominee under the party’s presidential candidate, the honorable John McCain.
Winfrey, an African-American, is one of the highly respected American women and possesses political power, which was visible in late 2007 and 2008, as she accumulated campaign cash for the then Democratic presidential contender, Barack Obama, and popularized Obama’s political and ideological vision and administrative pledges. The only mentionable political accomplishment of the eloquent Obama till then had been his Senatorship from Illinois.
Winfrey had interviewed Palin subsequent to the discharge of Palin’s primary book, Going Rogue. Sarah Palin had, some weeks back, vocalized that she deemed that she could acquire sufficient votes from the American electorate to trounce Obama in 2012’s presidential election.
Meanwhile, Winfrey has mentioned that she feels weighed down at times due to the massive responsibility of launching her own TV network, which is listed to premiere on January 1. She sometimes gazed at this responsibility in terms of the massiveness of what needed to be executed. However, she has expressed optimism that she would succeed. She has voiced that she needs to discontinue looking at her TV future and other endeavors from the successfulness of her past, which would put undue pressure on her.
- Oprah Winfrey Says U.S. Citizen Too Smart For Sarah Palin's Presidential Run - Dec 24, 2010
- Barbara Bush Expresses Hope That Sarah Palin Stays In Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Barbara Bush Desires That Sarah Palin Restrict Herself To Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Obama would be 'in good shape' against Palin in potential 2012 Prez race: Biden - Nov 21, 2010
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin Criticizes Obama's Nuclear Policy at the GOP Conference - Apr 10, 2010
- Sarah Palin's Coined Word 'Refudiate' Recognized As Word Of The Year - Nov 16, 2010
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin pushes midterm election candidates, teases possible presidential candidacy bid - Sep 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin's Attempt To Pacify Her Critics Backfires With 'Blood Libel' Remark - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Plummeting' Palin loses another long-time admirer - Mar 24, 2011
- Sarah Palin Rejects The Request To Furnish The Keynote Speech At The CPAC - Feb 04, 2011
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Bachmann emerges as face of Tea Party, Palin's star waning - Jan 27, 2011
- Mike Pence Tops Republican's 2012 Presidential Nominee Choice - Sep 19, 2010
Tags: american populace, barack obama, campaign cash, daytime television, empress, epitome, honorable john mccain, john mccain, men at work, oprah winfrey, parade magazine, pen men, political pundits, presidential candidate, presidential contender, presidential nominee, reality program, rejoinder, sarah palin, taunt