Oprah Winfrey’s Fresh OWN Channel Receives An Average Of 1 Million Viewers On Its DebutJanuary 4th, 2011 - 10:52 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
Oprah Winfrey is an illustrious African-American female, who has been labeled by numerous analysts as the Empress of daytime TV in America. She has been lauded as a sensitive and insightful host of her legendary talk show, ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ (TOWS), which is scheduled to terminate in September this year after being telecast for more than 20 years. Meanwhile, Oprah’s new American TV channel, OWN, initiated on January 1, received some decent marks/ratings on its opening weekend. OWN is an abbreviation of Oprah Winfrey Network.
On January 1, during the block of 180 minutes commencing at 8pm, OWN magnetized an average of one million spectators, as per the initial statistics discharged by the network.
OWN has remarked that, during Saturday’s 8pm and 9 pm hours, OWN was at the third spot among all the cable networks backed by commercials. The audience demographics were the 25-to-54-year-old category. OWN was telecasting chapters of its reality series, titled, ‘Season 25: Oprah Behind The Scenes’ (OBTS). The premiere of the Season 25 of OBTS received an average of 1.160 million viewers at night on Saturday. OBTS tracks Oprah as she catalogs the ultimate season of her daytime chat program, TOWS. The second episode of OBTS procured 1.196 million viewers, as per Nielsen.
Only ESPN along with USA Network were above Oprah during that period. On Sunday, the network received in the region of 822,000 viewers.
OWN, which was initiated at noon on Saturday, is obtainable in 80 per cent of the American abodes with cable.OWN was the replacer of Discovery Health on the cable systems across America. The network is collaboration between Oprah and the Discovery Channel. On Sunday, the network’s initial ‘Ask Oprah’s All Stars’ special was watched by 968,000 folks from 8-10 p.m., as indicated by Nielsen. This special consisted of Dr. Mehmet Oz, Suze Orman and Dr. Phil McGraw, who responded to queries from the viewers. This discussion was moderated by Robin Meade.
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network Garners 1 Million Viewers In Debut - Jan 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's new OWN channel averaged 1 million viewers - Jan 04, 2011
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's OWN struggling to pull in viewers - Mar 01, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Unveils Her Television Network Details - Apr 09, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson clears part of $7mn debt thanks to Oprah - Mar 07, 2011
- Rosie O' Donnell strikes talk show deal with Oprah Winfrey - Aug 08, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell To Host A Show On Oprah Winfrey Network? - Aug 11, 2010
- Oprah to host show that will take her to India - Apr 09, 2010
- Oprah issues apology for TV remark - Feb 14, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey appears sans make-up, in bathtub in OWN preview - Dec 31, 2010
- Oprah - The Queen Of Daytime TV - Oct 18, 2010
- Regis Retiring From 'Live With Regis & Kelly' in November - Feb 09, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey not planning to support Obama openly in 2012 - Apr 08, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey to star in her own reality show - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: abodes, american tv, audience demographics, cable networks, cable systems, chat program, daytime tv, discovery channel, discovery health, dr mehmet oz, dr phil, dr phil mcgraw, espn, million viewers, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey show, reality series, suze orman, tows, usa network