Oprah Winfrey Rejected By Bono!December 22nd, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
While it is common knowledge that only the best in the celebrity circuit get an opportunity to enjoy the company of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, Irish music composer and singer Bono has rejected the offer to make an appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s new television network OWN. According to reports in the media, oprah Winfrey had approached Bono to launch his own talk show in her TV network the Oprah Winfrey Network. But the offer was declined by the U2 frontman at the last moment.
After spending several years in the industry of television talk show, Oprah Winfrey finally decided to launch her own TV network and according to reports in the media, has also planned to rope in several biggies from the entertainment industry in the US to be a part of her television network. While Julia Roberts, Goldie Hawn and Forest Whitaker have decided to launch their own documentaries via the new network and the likes of Jenny McCarthy and Rosie O’Donnell will introduce their personal chat shows, Bono does not seem to be interested in the offer.
Reports had surfaced in the media hinting at the fact that Oprah Winfrey was trying to revive the career of Bono through his chat show on her television network. Also his philanthropic work would have done good for the OWN TV network. But it looks like that Bono has other plans of kicking off a comeback!
– Sampurn Wire
- Winfrey offers Bono to host TV show - Dec 21, 2010
- U2's Bono turns down Winfrey's TV show offer - Dec 21, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell To Host A Show On Oprah Winfrey Network? - Aug 11, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell Bags Day Time Show On OWN - Aug 08, 2010
- Rosie O' Donnell strikes talk show deal with Oprah Winfrey - Aug 08, 2010
- Oprah gets Julia, Goldie to make documentaries - Jul 28, 2010
- Get Set For Oprah Winfrey Network - Dec 10, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell making her TV comeback with a new show? - Mar 21, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy to replace Oprah? - Jun 14, 2010
- Is there a rift between Rosie O'Donnell and Oprah Winfrey? - Feb 24, 2011
- Rosie O'Donnell & Girlfriend Form A 'Gay-Dy Bunch' - Sep 23, 2010
- Obama should never have gone on 'The View', says former-co-host - Jul 30, 2010
- Rosie O'Donnell insists Oprah Winfrey is not gay - Dec 14, 2010
- Gaga takes Oprah to her childhood home - Mar 13, 2012
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: biggies, celebrity circuit, chat show, chat shows, common knowledge, forest whitaker, goldie hawn, irish music, jenny mccarthy, julia roberts, last moment, music composer, oprah winfrey, own tv, personal chat, philanthropic work, rosie o donnell, television network, tv network, u2 frontman