Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacherJuly 7th, 2011 - 7:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Johannesburg, South Africa, July 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Oprah Winfrey has revealed that she is going to teach a group of students on things she wished she had known before she grew up. The talk show tycoon has a high school in South Africa and she made a visit to the school recently.
Oprah emailed her experience of the trip to her fans. In the email, Oprah wrote that, “They were all stressed for tests, but doing fine. No major crisis this trip. I love being with them and talking to them about all things important… about EVERYTHING teenage girls are going through. It’s the same all over the world.”
Oprah recently stepped down from her job on the show The Oprah Winfrey Show. The show which did run for about a quarter of a decade was the most successful in the history of US talk show. Oprah intends to concentrate on her network called Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
Oprah whose fortune is estimated to have passed the $1 billion mark intends to add teaching to her career. She revealed that she will teach a class on subject she has titled ‘It’s Life 101.’
Oprah says the lessons will help students to be well positioned to face life.
- Winfrey to teach school students - Jul 07, 2011
- Oprah has a doctorate now! - Jun 27, 2011
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Former matron of Winfrey's school cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey appears sans make-up, in bathtub in OWN preview - Dec 31, 2010
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part series - Jul 11, 2012
- Shania Twain releases her memoir - May 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey 'felt a sense of emptiness' after Oz visit - Mar 29, 2011
- Oprah and Stedman Graham "Too Busy" For Children - Dec 11, 2010
- "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Begins Its 25th Season Tonight - Sep 13, 2010
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- No more interviews for Gaga - Mar 15, 2012