Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney Honored At The Grand Event Of Kennedy Center Honors 2010December 7th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The prestigious event of 33rd annual Kennedy Center Honors, which is given to people who have contributed to the filed of arts in American culture witnessed veteran people from different fields of arts. The prestigious event took place at the Kennedy Center Opera house in Washington D. C. Merle Haggard, Jerry Herman, Bill T. Jones, Paul McCartney, and Oprah Winfrey won the much coveted and highly esteemed award.
Television icon Oprah Winfrey was happy and excited after she bagged the award. She told a reputed media source that it was one of her best days of life. After receiving the award, she said she remembered the best moments of life like she has completing graduation, giving birth to first child and she feels this award was one of her greatest accomplishments of life. The whole event will be aired on CBS in December 28. Oprah Winfrey said that when she was reading the paper in the morning she was surprised to get the news and at the same time she felt that she might deserve this recognition.
Actress Julia Roberts said that she feels Oprah Winfrey is close to perfect and she is a fabulous person. When US President Barack Obama gave the award to dancer and choreographer Bill T. Jones, he said this was the highlight of his life and then said that he felt like he might cry at any time. Former Beatle - Sir Paul McCartney was also awarded and the singer said that it was good to see the US President once again. Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler sang the last four songs of The Beatles’ album to pay tribute to the legendary singer.
- Oprah, McCartney receive Kennedy Center Honours - Dec 07, 2010
- Macca to receive Kennedy Centre honour in White House - Sep 09, 2010
- Hillary Clinton jokes about releasing her own WikiLeaks cable - Dec 06, 2010
- What Did Oprah Winfrey Do To Surpass Michelle Obama? - Dec 07, 2010
- Macca, Oprah Winfrey hailed at Kennedy Center Honors - Dec 06, 2010
- Merle Haggard surprised to find Obama 'very humble' - Dec 29, 2010
- Paul McCartney Serenades Michelle Obama - Jun 04, 2010
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Nancy Shevell's wedding dress designed by Stella McCartney - Oct 10, 2011
- Nancy Shevell and Paul McCartney pay tribute to Whitney Houston - Feb 15, 2012
- Beatles fan gets permanent tattoo of Macca's signature on back - Aug 18, 2010
- Stella McCartney donates sketch to auction - May 05, 2012
- Paul McCartney's White House Performance Aired On PBS - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Song of Solomon' is Michelle Obama's favourite book - Apr 29, 2011
- Paul McCartney all set to marry Nancy Shevell - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,