Oprah visits the TajJanuary 19th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Jan 19 (IANS) US talk show queen Oprah Winfrey visited the Taj Mahal Thursday, spending more than an hour while her camera crew captured the 17th century marble marvel from various angles for her new talk show.
She was followed by scores of journalists and camera persons, which made her security a daunting task for her bouncers.
At Vrindavan, she made an unscheduled stop at the Ma Dham widows’ home. This caused quite a ruckus between her security personnel and local TV journalists, who wanted to follow her inside the home.
The police managed to work out compromise between the two sides.
It was later learnt that the local authorities had sent a report to the state home department saying that such visits without prior information could cause problems.
- Oprah's guards scuffle with cameramen (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Slums to royalty: Oprah showcases shades of India (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Arnie can't see the Taj - Feb 04, 2012
- Lovebirds to flock to Taj on V-Day - Feb 13, 2012
- From showbiz to slums - Winfrey enjoys meeting 'tolerant' talents - Jan 17, 2012
- Tourists feel cheated on Taj lighting event - Nov 13, 2011
- 'Change mindset towards widows' - Jul 30, 2011
- Devotees flood Vrindavan, Mathura on New Year day - Jan 02, 2011
- Taj on full moon night leaves visitors awestruck - Oct 13, 2011
- Discover India with Oprah Winfrey in two-part series - Jul 11, 2012
- Oprah's warmth bowls over B-town celebs - Jan 17, 2012
- Rain brings cheer to Agra farmers - Jul 30, 2012
- Big B turns 'chauffer' for Oprah Winfrey - Jan 17, 2012
- Taj Mahal gets mudpack facial, courtesy rumoured visits by Obama, Sarkozy - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: 17th century, angles, bouncers, camera crew, camera persons, compromise, daunting task, dham, jan 19, local authorities, local tv, marble, oprah winfrey, ruckus, security personnel, taj agra, taj mahal, tv journalists, vrindavan, widows