Oprah says Rihannas low self-esteem made her return to BrownMarch 13th, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 13 (ANI): Media mogul Oprah Winfrey has lashed out at Rihanna for reconciling with Chris Brown, who allegedly attacked her, as she feels Rihannas low self-esteem made her do what she did.
Oprah Winfrey dedicated an episode on her show to the victims of domestic violence, while talking about Chris Brown, who allegedly attacked Rihanna and left her with horrific injuries.
Winfrey went on to say that the Umbrella hitmaker returned to Brown, as she doesnt feel good about herself.
“Let me tell you why she got back with him, in my opinion. If you go back with a man who hits you, it is because you don”t feel you”re worthy of being with a man who won”t, The New York Daily News quoted Winfrey, as saying on her show.
Winfrey pointed out that if “you think you are a wonderful person, somebody hitting you is really offensive to you.”
Winfrey used Brown and Rihanna incident as an example to spend an hour discussing domestic abuse.
“This show is dedicated to all the Rihannas of the world, and to any young men who could ever think about hurting a woman,” Winfrey said.
On the other hand talk show host Tyra Banks recalled Rihanna telling her about growing up around parents who were always fighting, resulting in severe migraines.
“It was almost like a living hell for her. The moment her parents separated, her migraines went away, Tyra said.
On the other hand Tyra revealed that quite contrary to his own actions Brown earlier revealed that his step-father used to beat his mother, something he would never like to put any woman through.
“I don”t want to put a woman through the same thing that person put my mom through,” Brown said earlier.
Meanwhile Brown, who allegedly attacked Rihanna and left her with a split lip, a bloody nose and bite marks on her hands, has been charged on 2 felony accounts and has been released on a bail of 50,000 dollars until a hearing on April 6 th . (ANI)
- Losing Chris was like losing best friend: Rihanna - Aug 13, 2012
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Rihanna's secret meeting with Brown - Aug 18, 2012
- Shania Twain releases her memoir - May 04, 2011
- I still love Chris Brown: Rihanna - Aug 20, 2012
- Brown, Rihannas row inspires Winfrey to do domestic violence show - Mar 10, 2009
- Winfrey comes out in defense of her decision to not support Brown - Sep 10, 2009
- Rihanna wants Brown to apologize on Oprah show - Mar 31, 2009
- Brown accused of stealing mobile phone - Feb 24, 2012
- Rihanna breaks her toe while vacationing - Jul 25, 2012
- Oprah gets special farewell from Tom Cruise, Beyonce - May 18, 2011
- Does Rihanna have secret siblings in Barbados? - Apr 19, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Gifts Staff $10,000 Plus iPads - Jun 18, 2010
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Chris Brown meets domestic violence victims - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: bloody nose, chris brown, domestic abuse, felony, horrific injuries, living hell, low self esteem, media mogul oprah winfrey, migraines, new york daily news, oprah winfrey, rihanna, split lip, talk show host, tyra banks, umbrella, victims of domestic violence, wonderful person, york daily news, young men