Oprah issues apology for TV remarkFebruary 14th, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 14 (IANS) International talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has issued an apology for breaking TV ratings rules and urging fans to watch her “Oprah’s Next Chapter” show instead of Grammy Awards.
Contactmusic.com, the 58-year-old invited followers to turn off music’s big night and switch to her network, OWN, by on micro-blogging site twitter.
“Everyone who can please turn to OWN, especially if u have a Nielsen box (sic). Commercial Grammy people..you can turn to Own,” she tweeted.
But ratings compilers at Nielsen organisation demanded Winfrey to remove her tweet and her posts were later removed.
“I removed the tweet at the request of Nielsen. I intended no harm and apologise,” Winfrey said in a statement.
- Microsoft apologises over Amy Winehouse tweet - Jul 27, 2011
- India experience was awesome: Winfrey - Jan 29, 2012
- Rihanna hospitalised with flu - Nov 01, 2011
- Lovato on Twitter break - Jan 24, 2012
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Roberts recovering from appendix surgery - Oct 15, 2011
- Osbourne gets broken hand reset - Dec 21, 2011
- Alec Baldwin quits twitter again - Jul 04, 2012
- Miley Cyrus injures back bone - Feb 01, 2012
- Cher to duet with Lady Gaga - Jul 23, 2011
- Britney's show the best, say Hilton, Kardashian - Jun 22, 2011
- Masaba apologises to Gauri-Nainika - Mar 24, 2011
- Lily Allen unhappy with husband's drinking - Apr 15, 2012
- Perry accused of copying Gaga - Apr 02, 2011
- Kim Kardashian Fails To Help Piers Morgan With His Ratings On CNN Show - Jan 31, 2011