Oprah adds Charles Dickens classics to her book clubDecember 7th, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 7 (ANI): Admitting that she had never before read a book by Charles Dickens, Oprah Winfrey has picked two of the 19th century author’s novels as her next book club reads.
Winfrey announced ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ and ‘The Great Expectations’ by Charles Dickens as her new book club selections on Monday’s episode of ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’, reports the CBS News.
“It’s the best of times, readers,” she said, paraphrasing the opening line of ‘A Tale of Two Cities’.
She called both books timeless classics.
Winfrey’s choices tend to produce huge sales of the selected books. The two novels are being issued in a single, 800-page paperback edition with a list price of 20 dollars.
The electronic version is being sold for 7.99 dollars. They also can be downloaded for free through the new Google bookstore. (ANI)
- India celebrates - and debates - relevance of Charles Dickens - Feb 06, 2012
- Dickens Inheritance (To go with Dickensian debate: Is Charles still as relevant after 200 years) - Feb 06, 2012
- Mills & Boon e-books record booming sales - Mar 07, 2011
- Charles Dickens' incomplete 'Edwin Drood' to get new ending - Jan 25, 2011
- Author Jonathan Frazen & Oprah sort out their differences - Dec 07, 2010
- Google launches unified digital content store - Mar 07, 2012
- Is e-reader sounding paperback's death knell? - Apr 13, 2012
- Jonathan Franzen And Oprah Winfrey Reunite After Nine Years - Dec 07, 2010
- Google launch their online bookstore - Dec 07, 2010
- Russian spy tells 'A Tale of Two Cities' on Facebook - Jul 14, 2010
- New Google Ebooks Available On Cloud-Based Technology - Dec 07, 2010
- Classic e-novels sales surge this Christmas - Dec 27, 2010
- Now make-it-yourself Kate, William paper dolls - Apr 04, 2011
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Joseph Fiennes to read literary classics for coffee promotion - Mar 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,