Only talent required to fulfil Bollywood dreams: MithunDecember 6th, 2011 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 6 (IANS) National award winning actor Mithun Chakraborty, who has been in the industry for almost 36 years, feels that only talent that can help an individual carve a niche in Bollywood.
“If you’ve got talent, no one can stop you from achieving success in your field. No one in my family was ever related to the film industry. No godfather can help you. I didn’t have any godfather,” the 61-year-old said at a press meet for the third season of dance reality show “Dance India Dance”.
After starting his career with offbeat “Mrigaya” in 1976, Mithun carved a niche for himself in the comercial Hindi films with hits like “Disco Dancer”, “Pyar Jhukta Nahin”, “Ghar Ek Mandir”, “Ghulami” and “Agneepath”.
Currently the actor is gearing up for his small screen stint as the grand master on “Dance India Dance”.
Talking about the best dancers in the industry today, he said: “I have always said that Hrithik Roshan is a fabulous dancer. Shahid Kapoor also dances very well. They have it in them and they have proved it.”
Mithun also feels that dancing styles are changing with time and one has to adapt to such changes because “people get bored watching the same style again and again.”
Meanwhile, the actor is active on big screen and he has just wrapped up Sajid Khan’s “Housefull 2″.
He was also seen in “Golmaal 3″ in 2010 and also starred in Bengali films “Nobel Chor” and Mahesh Manjrekar’s “Ami Shubhash Bolchi”.
- Off beat films keep me grounded: Mithun - Oct 19, 2011
- Barkha Bisht nervous about sharing screen with Mithunda - Sep 10, 2010
- Mithun Chakroborty supports Spain for FIFA - Jun 09, 2010
- Mithun recalls days of struggle - Jun 13, 2012
- Kajol, Tabu, Irrfan Khan get Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2011
- Mithun Chakraborty To Be Seen In A ‘Nobel Chor’ Avatar - Nov 11, 2010
- Happy to be considered dance symbol: Hrithik - Jun 13, 2011
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- 'Discourage glamorisation of smoking' - Feb 02, 2012
- No godfather, only talent works: TV actor Pawan Shankar - Jan 29, 2012
- Star power does help get eyeballs: Karan Mehra - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Street Dance 2' - missteps its dance, direction (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- Multi-starrers are important: Shreyas - Mar 20, 2012
- AN INTERVIEW WITH CHOREOGRAPHER SANDEEP SOPARRKAR - Oct 07, 2010
- "ONCE AGAIN SUNNY DEOL TURN INTO A TRUCK DRIVER" - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: achieving success, bengali, bollywood dreams, chor, disco dancer, film industry, ghulami, godfather, hindi films, housefull, hrithik roshan, mahesh manjrekar, mithun chakraborty, niche, reality show, sajid khan, shahid kapoor, show dance, stint, third season