“Only In America With Larry The Cable Guy”, Talks About Rich American HistoryFebruary 9th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) History channel premiered a very interesting and novel show, “Only In America With Larry The Cable Guy” On February 8, at 8:00 p.m. In this show, the comedian host, is seen traveling all over the different counties, to interact with the people, and know more about the history of America. Daniel Whitney, better known as ‘Larry The Cable Guy’ in the show, is on a mission to prove the America is the best country on the Earth, with the richest history.
David McKillop, the senior Vice President of History channel, is extremely hopeful about this new show, as he feels that it would give an insight about the rich, yet unknown history about the nation. He said that the show will reveal more about the Americana and American history, and the incorporation of Larry, would only impart some good humor and “Down Home Twist” to the show. The host will offer a new approach to learning history, as he would travel to almost each and every city, and visit all the coastal region, which garners some of the information about the nation, that are still unleashed. The talk show host said that he takes a lot of pride to be an American and therefore feels that show will work wonders, as he would enlighten the people to know more about the country and its past.
Amongst the few things that he learned through his traveling experiences in the show so far are, history of moonshine, and how it eventually gave rise to the tradition of NASCAR racing in Dawsonville, Georgia. Calveras County in California, taught him more about “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County”, and how it is almost on the verge of extinction. Each episode of the show, will feature three to four different segments of different nature to reduce the monotony.
- 'Larry The cable guy' visits nudist resort - May 11, 2011
- Carlos Slim launches new TV channel on Internet - Jul 18, 2012
- Ants defend their host tree - May 22, 2011
- Bristol Palin & Kyle Massey to star in reality series - May 10, 2011
- 2.24 million people tune in to Larry King's last show - Dec 19, 2010
- CNN Asks Larry King To Stay On Till The End Of 2010 - Aug 21, 2010
- Danica Patrick makes her debut at NASCAR - Feb 07, 2010
- Piers Morgan to replace Larry King on CNN - Sep 09, 2010
- Piers Morgan to take over Larry King's CNN slot? - Jul 14, 2010
- Shaquille O'Neal Is Back With "Shaq Vs" On ABC - Aug 04, 2010
- Piers Morgan will replace Larry King - Sep 10, 2010
- Bruce Springsteen Scheduled To Have A Chat Next Week About 'The Promise' On Jimmy Fallon's Show - Nov 11, 2010
- Now it's HISTORY for Salman - Aug 24, 2011
- Simon Cowell Recommends Piers Morgan As Larry King's Replacement For CNN - Jul 05, 2010
- Travel shows get makeover in India: Gaurav Kapoor (With Image) - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: calveras county, celebrated jumping frog, celebrated jumping frog of calaveras county, coastal region, daniel whitney, dawsonville georgia, good humor, history channel, history of america, jumping frog of calaveras county, larry the cable guy, learning history, mckillop, meena, monotony, moonshine, nascar, news history, senior vice president, talk show host