Online Campaign Underway In America To Convince Keith Olbermann To Run For The American SenateJanuary 25th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
January 25, 2011 (Pen Men at Work): There is a mounting movement, orchestrated by the social networking websites as well as political blogs, which has requested MSNBC’s recently departed host, Keith Olbermann, to compete for the American Senatorial seat from Connecticut. ‘Draft Olbermann for Senate’ websites have come into sight on Facebook and Twitter, which has recommended that Olbermann campaign for the Senatorial seat to be vacated in 2012 by Joe Lieberman. Lieberman, who is a former Democratic Vice Presidential candidate, had pronounced a few days back that he would not vie for a fifth Senatorial term.
A contributor to the Daily Kos (DK) blog, referred to as Stranded Wind (SW), has taken the initiative passionately in this campaign and has maintained that Olbermann’s residence in New York is not going to present an obstacle. The DK has uttered that Olbermann used to reside in Connecticut, could easily remerge and re-establish residency there.
However, even SW has confessed that the likelihood of convincing Olbermann to run for the Senatorial seat is not strong. One need not even talk at this moment about Olbermann’s possible triumph in a hypothetical senatorial contest. Nonetheless, DK has professed that the possibility of Olbermann vying for the Senatorial spot is an exciting one.
DK is a liberal blog politically and SW has asserted that Olbermann is just old enough, adequately refined and ingenious. He possesses numerous praiseworthy attributes, which would make him a fabulous Senator for the state of Connecticut.
Olbermann suddenly proclaimed on Friday night that he would not host his massively watched program on MSNBC anymore. He has mentioned that the show had become ‘too much’ for his personality. There had been reports for some time that a departure from Olbermann was likely. Olbermann had gained recognition as an impassioned liberal via his show. Olbermann’s departure agreement with MSNBC is supposed to consist of a ‘non-compete’ provision, which would thwart him from emerging on TV for a while. Olbermann had been temporarily suspended by MSNBC in 2010 for contributing politically to the Arizonian Democrats, Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords.
A sizable number of Democrats and Republicans are going to be in the fray to succeed Lieberman such as Democratic Congressman, Chris Murphy, who altered his website in the preceding week to ‘Chris Murphy for Senate’.
- Is Keith Olbermann going to run for US senate? - Jan 25, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Can Run For Senate, Says New Blog Campaign - Jan 25, 2011
- Campaigns on Facebook & Twitter Urge Keith Oberman's Run for Senate - Jan 25, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Suspended: Leaves MSNBC’s Show In Lurch - Nov 08, 2010
- MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended for political contributions to three Dems - Nov 06, 2010
- Keith Olbermann Splits With MSNBC: Reason Unknown - Jan 22, 2011
- Keith Olbermann to present 'Countdown' - May 26, 2011
- MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann For Making Campaign Contributions - Nov 06, 2010
- Linda McMahon, Former Executive Of WWE, Wins The Republican Primary For The American Senatorial Seat Of Connecticut - Aug 12, 2010
- Keith Olbermann Parts Ways With MSNBC - Jan 23, 2011
- Keith Olbermann leaves MSNBC after nearly eight years - Jan 22, 2011
- Tibetan prime minister-elect receives wishes from US - Aug 07, 2011
- Bristol Palin fires back after being named 'the worst person in the world' - Dec 04, 2010
- West Virginian Governor, Joe Manchin, Triumphs In The Democratic Primary And Will Be A Senatorial Candidate Of The Democrats - Aug 30, 2010
- MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitely - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: american senate, attributes, contributor, daily kos, facebook, few days, friday night, joe lieberman, keith olbermann, likelihood, men at work, msnbc, obstacle, pen men, political blogs, presidential candidate, social networking, state of connecticut, twitter, wind sw