One-stop shop for Pakistani designers now in IndiaSeptember 11th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) From Karma, Libas, Fahad Hussayn to Rizwan Beyg, the Pakistan Fashion Design Council (PFDC) is bringing some of their most renowned designers’ labels to India through PFDC - The Boulevard, a design store that is set to open here Sep 20.
As many as 18 Pakistani designers are coming to India at PFDC - The Boulevard with the help of Sehyr Saigol, chairperson of PFDC and Mini Bindra, the brain behind bringing the PFDC body to India, said a statement.
The popular Pakistani labels that will retail their clothes through the store are Karma, Libas, Kamiar Rokni, Hassan Sheheryar Yasin (HSY), Elan Design House, Sana Safinaz, Asifa Nabeel, Sonia Azhar, Fahad Hussayn, Nickie Nina, Iman Ahmed (Body Focus Museum), Nida Azwer, Ayesha Hashwani, Feeha Jamshed, Umar Sayeed, Rizwan Beyg, Layla Chatoor and Nasreen Shaikh.
PFDC was established in September 2006 with an initial membership of 30 designers, and the body now has more than 50 designers from all over Pakistan as members. The body aims to provide a platform for young and mainstream designers.
- Pakistani designers bring makeover for Indian bridal line - Sep 20, 2012
- Style, business, charity at Karachi fashion week (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 08, 2010
- Fashion, frolic, business at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 28, 2011
- 'Lahore fashion week a befitting reply to terrorists' - Feb 21, 2010
- Young designers shone, but business lagged at Pakistan fashion week (Review) - Apr 02, 2011
- A cultural potpourri at Pakistan's Bridal Week (Curtain Raiser) - Dec 17, 2011
- Experimentation pushes creativity at Pakistan bridal week (Review) - Dec 22, 2011
- Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 04, 2012
- Ode to McQueen, 'Folkistan' and more at Pakistan fashion week - Nov 13, 2010
- India-Pakistan semifinal: Fashion week's Wednesday shows cancelled - Mar 28, 2011
- Pakistani designers take back bagfuls of business - and memories - Apr 16, 2012
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Blend of creativity, contemporary cuts at Pakistan fashion week - Nov 12, 2010
- Lahore's first-ever fashion week wrapped up in style - Feb 20, 2010
Tags: asifa, ayesha, coming to india, fashion design, hassan sheheryar yasin, hsy, initial membership, kamiar rokni, libas, nabeel, nasreen, nickie nina, NIDA, pakistan fashion, pfdc, renowned designers, rizwan beyg, sana safinaz, sonia azhar, umar sayeed