One is a great number: Arjun Rampal (Movie Snippets)October 29th, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 29 (IANS) With “RA.One” and F1, the number one seems to be following Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal around! But the actor laughs it off, and says he doesn’t look at it as a spot to grab.
“I don’t know… it’s weird with the number following me! But I don’t look at number one like a spot to grab in the film industry. I just do my work at my pace. One is a great number, it is a unifier… and that’s just about it. I have nothing more to do with it,” Arjun told IANS.
From the modelling world to Bollywood - Arjun has had a successful run. He received the National Award for his performance in a supporting role in the 2008 film “Rock On!!”. He is in the news for featuring as the villain in Shah Rukh Khan’s multi-million project “RA.One”, as well as for holding the mandate to organise the parties at the ongoing F1 event.
He co-owns lounge-bar Lap with restaurateur A.D. Singh.
Arjan, Esha’s strange chemistry
Actor Arjan Bajwa says he shared a formal, yet fun chemistry with his “Tell Me Oh Kkhuda” co-star Esha Deol off screen.
“Esha is a big bully. She never used to say hi or hello… she used to get to work straight away. But the best part was that that is how we broke the ice,” Arjan told IANS.
The model-turned-actor, who plays Esha’s lover in the recently released film, says they gradually took to each other’s working style.
“If we would have been formal for the heck of it, it would have probably taken us a long time to get comfortable. We took each other’s attitude in our stride… and gradually we kept pulling each other’s leg, criticising each other, and at the same time kept telling each other how we can improve on ourselves,” he added.
Shahid’s favourite Bollywood romances
Actor Shahid Kapoor, last seen in romance drama “Mausam”, says he loves watching romantic films. Some of those which are close to his heart include “Mughal-e-Azam”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” and his own “Jab We Met”.
“I am fond of romantic movies as a viewer. Some of my personal favourites are ‘Mughal-e-Azam’, ‘Devdas’ (old one), ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’,'”DDLJ’, ‘Jab We Met’ and ‘Vivaah’… there are lots of them,” Shahid told IANS.
What is it that he likes about these films?
“It is their innocence and simplicity,” said the 30-year-old.
- SRK itching to do romantic film - Sep 23, 2011
- Lara won't return to a film set soon (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
- Fifty years on, 'Mughal-e-Azam' still inspires awe - Aug 05, 2010
- 'RA.One' superhero is a family man, says SRK - Oct 14, 2011
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Had to be expressionless for 'Ra.One': Rampal - Oct 21, 2011
- Classic remakes not on Imtiaz Ali's wish list - Feb 16, 2012
- Arjun Rampal to attend Rohit Bal's couture show - Jul 25, 2011
- Arjun meets Pattinson, Stewart in Cannes - May 26, 2012
- Film-based games to fuel worldwide revenue: SRK - Oct 06, 2011
- 'Hum Tum Shabana' team heads to Ajmer Sharif (Movie Snippets) - Sep 19, 2011
- SRK ties up with HomeShop18 for 'RA.One' - Oct 21, 2011
- SRK takes cue from Alfred Hitchcock for 'RA.One' - Jun 02, 2011
- SRK's promotional drive on small screen - Oct 02, 2011
- Superhero 'RA.One' flying high with Rs.170 crore collection - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: arjan, arjun rampal, bully, co star, esha deol, film industry, fun chemistry, jab, mausam, New Delhi, restaurateur, romance drama, romances, romantic films, shah rukh khan, shahid kapoor, snippets, strange chemistry, unifier, villain