On dad’s 9th death anniversary, Big B misses himJanuary 18th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 18 (IANS) Memories came rushing back to Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan Wednesday when he visited the room in which his father, poet-writer Harivansh Rai Bachchan breathed his last nine years ago.
“Harivansh Rai Bachchan, my father…his death anniversary today 18th Jan. I stand silently at the entrance to his room in Prateeksha and look at the space he breathed his last…!!” Amitabh posted on Twitter.
His father is credited with literary works like “Madhushala” and “Agneepath”. He died in 2003.
“I spent more than ‘60 years of my life with him’, a friend consoles me as I lament his loss, many do not get so much time with loved…,” added the actor.
- Big B to record father's work in his voice? - Jan 20, 2012
- Richness of our language getting lost: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Aug 11, 2011
- Great music lost under modern sounds: Big B - Mar 25, 2012
- Amitabh alarmed by 'cut paste' of father's works - Mar 29, 2010
- Big B's grand plans to celebrate father's 101st birth anniversary - Nov 02, 2009
- Oz varsity launches Harivansh Rai Bachchan scholarship - Oct 21, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan to record the original version of Madhushala - Mar 02, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan to sing the original Madhushala - Feb 12, 2010
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- Big B releases reproduction of his father's poetry in Mumbai - Nov 29, 2009
- I don't believe in the caste system: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Jul 18, 2011
- Is it hard to grow a beard? Yes, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Nov 28, 2011
- My caste is Indian, declares Amitabh - May 12, 2010
- Bachchans present 'Madhushala' in a new bottle - Nov 29, 2009
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012