Olivia Wilde’s sleepless nights after splitJune 3rd, 2012 - 5:11 am ICT by IANS
London, June 3 (IANS) Actress Olivia Wilde has revealed that she secretly battled weight and sleep issues after her marriage broke up last year.
“The Tron: Legacy” star admits she went through “a manic phase” and turned to food to “self-medicate” after initially losing weight during a battle with insomnia, reports contactmusic.com.
“I lost a bunch of weight and I was really never sleeping… I moved in with a girlfriend and she said, ‘You don’t sleep; you sleep three hours a night!’ Then you go through a period where you’re self-medicating with something to fill a void because you have created a void by removing someone from you. There’s a chunk missing and people fill it with all sorts of things,” she told TV talk show presenter Amanda De Cadenet.
“I’m a healthy person, but I definitely packed it on because I wanted to feel a buffer between me and the pain, because the world started getting really scary and new relationships (and) dating was a lot more painful than I ever imagined,” she added.
- Osbourne prefers therapy over medication - Feb 22, 2012
- Nicole Richie, Selma Blair, Kim Kardashian strip for Harper's Bazaar - Mar 12, 2010
- Demi Lovato feels being sober is sexy - Jan 06, 2012
- Wilde struggling with technology - Jul 31, 2011
- Demi Lovato loves being sober - Jan 05, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Olivia Wilde files for divorce - Mar 12, 2011
- 'Sufferer' Combs says he knows why insomnia turned MJ 'crazy' - Jun 15, 2010
- Demi Moore to produce women's show - Dec 22, 2011
- Sleeping pills harmful in long run - Aug 10, 2012
- Cognitive behavioural therapy may help insomniacs with depression - Jan 31, 2010
- Pak has 'amazing' talent to replace tainted trio: Vettori - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Tron: Legacy' Actress Olivia Wilde Speaks About Her Role And Career - Dec 18, 2010
- Cognitive behavioral therapy improves sleep, pain in older osteoarthritis patients - Aug 16, 2009
- Archeologists reveal Boston brothel secrets - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: actress olivia, all sorts, amanda de cadenet, chunk, girlfriend, healthy person, insomnia, june 3, legacy, london, losing weight, manic phase, marriage, olivia wilde, relationships, self medicate, sleep, sleepless nights, tv talk show