Oliver Stone to helm ‘Wall Street 2′April 29th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 29 (ANI): Filmmaker Oliver Stone has been signed on to helm the sequel to his 1987 hit film ‘Wall Street’ starring Michael Douglas.
Douglas, who won an Oscar for the original film, is set to reprise his Gordon Gekko’s role.
Actor Shia LaBeouf is also in talks to star in the remake titled ‘Wall Street 2′, reports Variety.
The sequel will once again involve a young Wall Street trader, and the recent economic meltdown spurred by rampant greed and corruption will fit prominently into the plot.
Allan Loeb will pen the script.
Edward R. Pressman is back as producer. (ANI)
- Movie Review: Wall Street (2010) - Sep 25, 2010
- Michael Douglas at the premiere of Wall Street - Sep 23, 2010
- Frank Langella is back for 'Wall Street 2' - Aug 10, 2009
- Javier Bardem quits 'Wall Street' sequel - Jul 25, 2009
- 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' Has Bullish Run In Box Office - Sep 27, 2010
- 'Wall Street' - how greed is legal in troubled times (IANS Film Review; Rating:***1/2) - Sep 25, 2010
- Oliver Stone Is Back With The Sequel Of "Wall Street" - Sep 20, 2010
- 'Wall Street Money Never Sleeps' Movie Trailer Out - Jul 03, 2010
- Release of 'Wall Street' sequel delayed - Mar 12, 2010
- Michael Douglas praises Shia LaBeouf's acting skills - May 18, 2010
- 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' breaks the circuit at the Box Office! - Sep 29, 2010
- Wall Street Money Never Sleeps Becomes No. 1 At The Domestic Box Office - Sep 27, 2010
- 'Wall Street: Money never sleeps' creates a stir the box office - Sep 27, 2010
- $19 million bagged by 'Wall Street' in the weekend - Sep 27, 2010
- Oliver Stone worried about Michael Douglas' 'precarious' health - Oct 13, 2010