Olga Kurylenko reveals what it takes to be a Bond girlMarch 20th, 2009 - 3:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 20 (ANI): Ukrainian actress Olga Kurylenko has revealed what it takes to become a Bond girl.
Kurylenko, 29, was one of the Bond girls in the 22nd James Bond movie ”Quantum Of Solace”.
She has revealed that preparing for her role was not an easy task, as it involved a lot of courage and stamina.
“To be a Bond girl you need courage, charm, determination and feistiness,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“Outside of work, I”ve done nothing daring, though. I don”t even go on rollercoasters. In character, you have to work through the fear and the nausea,” she said.
The actress went on to talk about the simulated skydive training she went through, where she and co-star Daniel Craig had to freefall out of a disintegrating plane.
“It made me hurt in places I didn”t even know I had muscles,” she recalled of the tunnel training.
“But then I was doing it three times a week. By the end I was flying on my back and could do flips,” she said.
On sleeping with 007, Kurylenko said that it was good she did not have to sleep with him, or that she had to die either.
“I”m a different Bond girl for two reasons. I don”t die, and I don”t sleep with James. It is cool,” she stated.
As to sitting behind the wheel of an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, the actress said that it was all a matter of taking a deep breath.
“It’’s about taking a deep breath and just getting going,” she said.
She also remembers performing big stunts, and her euphoria at doing them.
“I”d never do it in my own life, so I just think, ”Hey, this is your chance, do it now”,” she said.
“Every night Daniel Craig was in the gym and I was amazed by his hard work. So I thought, ”OK, I”m going to do more. I”m just going kill myself in the gym”. By the end of the film I was ripped,” she recalled.
Even though she has had to work hard for her role, Kurylenko is looking forward to doing the 23rd Bond film.
“It won”t be for me to decide, but I”d go for it because last year was so much fun. Why would I refuse the fun again?” she added. (ANI)
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Weisz worries about being jobless - Oct 29, 2011
- Weisz is new face of Bulgari perfume - Jul 02, 2011
- Emily Blunt eyes Bond role - Mar 08, 2012
- Not satisfied with my career: Daniel Craig - Dec 05, 2011
- Harrison Ford wants to play James Bond - Aug 18, 2011
- Bond girl Kurylenko vows never to date Russian men - Apr 04, 2010
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
- Olga Kurylenko says she will 'never date a rich Russian' - Apr 02, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Stewart bullied for hairy legs - Jun 26, 2012
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- I am not into one-night stand: Amy Childs - Nov 13, 2011
- Olga Kurylenko wants to stay single for life - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: aston martin, aston martin v8, aston martin v8 vantage, bond film, bond girl, bond girls, co star, daniel craig, deep breath, euphoria, flips, freefall, james bond, nausea, olga kurylenko, rollercoasters, skydive training, solace, stamina, stunts