Oldman prefers Smiley over Bond!February 5th, 2012 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 5 (IANS) Veteran British actor Gary Oldman finds his spy character from the movie “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” more interesting than James Bond.
The Oscar-nominated star, who plays veteran spy George Smiley in the film, admits he has always been puzzled by author Ian Fleming’s flamboyant hero.
“He’s (Smiley) the polar opposite of Bond. He is the man in the mac who you would pass in the street and not look at twice, whereas Bond, it’s always struck me, announces who he is everywhere he goes — to the villain, to the guy that wants to kill him,” showbizspy.com quoted Oldman as saying.
“He wears a white tuxedo and you go, ‘Where’s Bond…?’ He’s just pulled up in the Aston Martin… I’ve always found that strange. (It’s like), ‘I’m Bond, kill me,” added the actor known for playing antagonist in films like “The Fifth Element” and “Air Force One”.
- Gary Oldman named film icon at Empire Awards - Mar 28, 2011
- 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' a masterful spy tale (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 30, 2011
- I am a terrible liar: Gary Oldman - Feb 01, 2012
- 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy ' to release in India Dec 30 - Dec 19, 2011
- I didn't know who Gary Oldman was: Tom Felton - Jul 18, 2011
- 'The Artist' gets 12 nods, leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 17, 2012
- Oscar is boring: Dustin Hoffman - Feb 11, 2012
- Jean Dujardin, Meryl Streep win best actors - Feb 27, 2012
- Biel, Farrell bonded over poetry - Sep 06, 2012
- Meryl Streep wins best actress trophy at BAFTA - Feb 13, 2012
- Watching Heath Ledger was dazzling: Oldman - Jul 03, 2012
- Gooding Jr back on small screen - Feb 29, 2012
- 'Megan Fox an amazing stepmom' - Mar 07, 2012
- Taylor Swift is a great teacher: Efron - Feb 22, 2012
- Pattinson finds comedy scary - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: air force one, antagonist, aston martin, author ian fleming, british actor, fifth element, films, gary oldman, george smiley, hero, ian fleming, james bond, london feb, tinker tailor soldier, tinker tailor soldier spy, tuxedo, villain