Oksana Grigorieva ‘didn’t make money from Mel Gibson tapes’September 23rd, 2010 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 23 (ANI): Oksana Grigorieva’s lawyer has denied allegations that the singer made money from selling damaging tape recordings of her arguments with ex-beau Mel Gibson.
The couple, parents to baby daughter Lucia, split in April and the break-up turned nasty, with Grigorieva accusing the actor of beating her during a violent altercation in January.
Tapes of the ‘Braveheart’ star purportedly hurling abuse at his lover later surfaced on the web and the recordings hit headlines across the world.
Gibson’s lawyers accused Grigorieva of violating a restraining order by releasing the audiotapes even though she denied being behind the leak.
Grigorieva’s attorney Daniel Horowitz appeared on America’s Today show on Wednesday to vehemently deny claims she profited from the sale of the tapes - insisting she didn’t release them and whoever did would have made a million-dollar sum from the sale.
“No, absolutely not (she did not sell the tapes). In fact those are worth probably a million dollars to whoever leaked them and she is broke,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
And Horowitz is adamant Grigorieva didn’t ask for money to hold the tapes back either.
“She’s a domestic violence victim. She was beaten. She was terrorised and yet all the media seems to focus on is whether she extorted Mel Gibson and in fact it’s just the opposite,” he said.
“This is not about money. This is what happens to domestic violence victims.
“They’re vilified… She is simply a violence victim and anybody who is beaten or threatened has a right to document it and show the world that this is what happened otherwise (it) is going to be Mel Gibson, one of the most popular and loved superstars in the world against a lone woman - who is going to believe her? She has a right to prove this really happened to her,” he added. (ANI)
- Oksana Grigorieva 'to sue' Mel Gibson - Sep 17, 2010
- Gibson trivializing domestic violence: Ex-girlfriend - Aug 01, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva denies leaking raging Mel Gibson tapes - Oct 12, 2010
- Mel Gibson To Be Investigated In Domestic Violence Case - Jul 09, 2010
- Mel Gibson's ex 'rejected $15m peace deal' - Feb 22, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva's ex bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 22, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva's sister suspected of leaking Gibson's racist rants tapes - Jul 27, 2010
- Mel Gibson's a liar: Grigorieva - Jul 24, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva's rep denies report of 'self-inflicted' injuries - Jul 19, 2010
- Mel Gibson's ex hires domestic violence lawyer - Sep 29, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva's Ex-Bodyguard, Kristian Herzog, Almost Completely Sides With Mel Gibson Via His New 'Revelations' - Jan 21, 2011
- Oksana Grigorieva reveals why she taped Mel Gibson's phone rants - Jul 31, 2010
- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend drops domestic abuse claim - May 05, 2011
- Mel Gibson Tape Released, Actor Dropped By Agency - Jul 10, 2010
- Oksana to file civil suit against Mel Gibson - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: allegations, altercation, audiotapes, baby daughter, braveheart, daily star, daniel horowitz, daughter lucia, domestic violence victim, domestic violence victims, lawyer, lawyers, lone woman, mel gibson, million dollars, oksana grigorieva, restraining order, superstars, tape recordings, today show