Officials re-examine Anna Nicole Smith’s deathMarch 26th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 26 (ANI): Prosecutors in Florida are taking a new look at the 2007 death of Anna Nicole Smith.
It has emerged that Broward County prosecutors recently met with authorities in Los Angeles and the California Department of Justice.
The move follows the indictment March 13 in California of Smith’s former boyfriend Howard K. Stern and two doctors in connection with her death, reports Sky News.
Smith was found unconscious in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino near Hollywood, Florida, in February 2007.
Medics tried to revive her but failed.
A post-mortem found she died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs including anti-depressants.
The case’s detectives found several prescriptions for drugs - in both Smith’s and 40-year-old Stern’s names - in her hotel room.
Stern, a lawyer, and doctors Sandeep Kapoor and Khristine Eroshevich are accused of conspiring to supply her with drugs from June 2004 to January 2007. (ANI)
- Prosecutors Recommend No Prison For Anna Nicole Smith's Associates - Jan 06, 2011
- Anna Nicole Smith's ex beau, doctors to go on trial - Oct 31, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith thought pregnancy was just 'bad wind' - Nov 02, 2009
- Horrific details of Anna Nicole Smith's final days revealed - Oct 15, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's lover settles defamation case - Nov 23, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith's estate to miss out on $300M oil fortune - Mar 20, 2010
- Anna Nicole's ex Howard K Stern to be tried in court - Nov 01, 2009
- Two guilty on some counts in Anna Nicole Smith drug case - Oct 29, 2010
- Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith's aides - Jan 07, 2011
- Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Anna Nicole Smith's doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith''s beau, lawyer charged with giving her drugs - Mar 13, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith's Boyfriend Found Guilty For Her Death - Oct 29, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith criminal case to begin Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor Denied By Judge - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: accidental overdose, anna nicole smith, anti depressants, broward county, california department of justice, county prosecutors, death of anna nicole smith, detectives, hard rock hotel, hollywood florida, howard k stern, indictment, khristine eroshevich, medics, post mortem, prescription drugs, seminole hard rock, seminole hard rock hotel, sky news, two doctors