Official Website: Ronnie James Dio has diedMay 17th, 2010 - 2:53 am ICT by admin
By Sajal Kayan
May 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Renowned heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio has died aged 67.
Just moments ago, the following note was posted on the official website ronniejamesdio.com by Ronnie’s wife Wendy Dio :-
“Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.”
Ronnie James Dio had spoken about his battle with stomach cancer in the month of April this year when he attended the Revolver Golden Gods Awards in Los Angeles. The 67 year old singer had been on chemotherapy since the end of last year. Speaking about the experience he said the process was painful and he found it difficult to even do basic tasks like eating these days.
Rest in peace Ronnie!
- Heavy metal legend Ronnie James Dio has died - May 17, 2010
- Heavy Metal Singer Ronnie James Dio Dead - May 17, 2010
- Ronnie James Dio's Death Is A Hoax! - May 16, 2010
- Heavy rock singer Ronnie James Dio dies aged 67 - May 17, 2010
- Ronnie James Dio death rumors are a hoax - May 16, 2010
- Ronnie James Dio's memorial attended by thousands - Jun 02, 2010
- Kenny Edwards Loses Battle With Cancer And Blood Disorder, Dies At 64 - Aug 21, 2010
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Legendary golfer Seve Ballesteros loses battle with brain tumour - May 07, 2011
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Vanessa Redgrave's sister Lynn dies at age 67 - May 04, 2010
- Corey Haim Dead At 38: Celebrities React Via Twitter - Mar 11, 2010
- Stephen Solarz was a 'true friend of India': Indian envoy - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: chemotherapy, few days, friends and family, golden gods, good byes, heart, heavy metal, kayan, love, metal singer ronnie james, month of april, rest in peace, revolver, ronnie james dio, singer ronnie, stomach cancer, wife wendy