Obama felicitates Al PacinoFebruary 16th, 2012 - 10:20 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 16 (IANS) US President Barack Obama has presented an honour to acting legend Al Pacino for his contribution to American culture.Obama hailed the 71-year-old Oscar winner’s “intensity” as he decorated him with the National Medal of Arts at a White House ceremony, reports thesun.co.uk.
“Mr Pacino is an enduring and iconic figure,” said Obama of “The Godfather” star.
Pacino, whose career of over 50 years includes three “Godfather” films, was among 17 artists and scholars honoured.
- Al Pacino honoured by Actors Fund - May 27, 2011
- Obama honours Eastwood, Dylan with arts, humanities awards - Feb 27, 2010
- Al Pacino says he was almost fired from 'The Godfather' - Dec 08, 2010
- Al Pacino honoured at Venice film fest - Sep 06, 2011
- Pacino denied entry in Golden Globes after party - Jan 18, 2011
- Freeman to be honoured with AFI lifetime achievement award - Oct 12, 2010
- Oscar statuettes sold for $3 mn in auction - Feb 29, 2012
- Bob Dylan receives US presidential honour - May 31, 2012
- Obama to award Bush 'Presidential Medal of Freedom' - Nov 18, 2010
- Magnificent ceremony brings curtains down on 2010 C'wealth Games in Delhi - Oct 14, 2010
- 'The Artist', 'Hugo' in tie with five Oscars each (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Obama honours Bob Dylan,Clint Eastwood - Feb 28, 2010
- Swift wins Ultimate Choice Award - Jul 28, 2011
- Hariprasad Chaurasia gets top French honour - Nov 03, 2010
- Francis Ford Coppola, Jean-Luc Godard to receive honorary Oscars - Aug 26, 2010