Obama, Brand in consideration for appearance in The SimpsonsMarch 20th, 2009 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 20 (ANI): US President Barack Obama and Brit actor Russell Brand are being considered for an appearance in American animated sitcom The Simpsons.
Executive producers James L Brooks and Al Jean hope that 47-year-old Obama will become the first president in office to appear on the show.
Wed love to have Barack on the show. No president has agreed to do it yet but well keep asking, the Sun quoted Brooks as telling TV Biz.
Were putting all the right signals out, he said.
Jean revealed that he found Brand, 33, to be very funny, and that the latter would not mind doing a show on him.
I would definitely be interested in writing an episode around him, he said.
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair had appeared on the show in 2003 while he was still in office, and the producers also hope ex-US president George W Bush will agree to appear in Springfield. (ANI)
- WikiLeaks' Assange to guest star on 'The Simpsons' - Jan 31, 2012
- The Simpsons' contest allows winner to create character - Oct 17, 2009
- Halle Berry In A Cameo Role On The Simpsons - Jul 26, 2010
- Katy Perry to appear on 'The Simpsons' - Sep 27, 2010
- 'The Simpsons' to return for 23rd season - Nov 13, 2010
- Unlike Clinton, BUsh, Obama has no personal ties with any world leader - Mar 29, 2010
- Hillary Clinton praises Al-Jazeera as "real news" - Apr 18, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe replaces Pattinson in Simpson spoof - Oct 12, 2010
- Blair urged Gaddafi to stop killing protesters during two telephone conversations this week - Feb 27, 2011
- Tony Blair branded 'tiger' over sex revelations - Sep 09, 2010
- Bush supporter Jessica Simpson sings for Michelle Obama - Apr 15, 2011
- How Brown used Sarkozy to wreck Blair's dream of becoming Euro Prez - Nov 28, 2010
- Will Ferrell to enter The Office along the lines of Steve Carell - Jan 27, 2011
- Acting on Katy Perry's mind - Aug 07, 2012
- Obama's speechwriter gets sitcom job - May 09, 2012
Tags: al jean, animated sitcom, appearance, barack obama, brit, executive producers, first president, former prime minister, george w bush, james l brooks, london, minister tony blair, president george w bush, prime minister tony blair, russell brand, signals, simpsons, tony blair, tv biz, us president george