Oasis split speculated following Gallagher brothers fightFebruary 16th, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 16 (ANI): English rock band Oasis are believed to be on the verge of slitting up following a fight between their vocalists and brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher.
The two brothers are said to be sporting a united front on stage for their fans during their current world tour, but offstage the Gallaghers are avoiding one another at all cost.
Fans speculate that the band will split up as soon as the tour is over.
Guitarist Noel, 41, has added fuel to the fire by revealing that he has not interacted with his brother in a long time.
I havent spoken to my brother for two years, the Daily Star quoted Noel as confessing as he jetted into Madrid on February 12.
A source close to the band, which is currently in France ahead of a two-month tour of the Far East, has revealed that things have never been easy between the two.
Noel and Liam have always had a stormy relationship but things have never been this bad, the source said.
They cant stand being in the same room together, let alone speaking to each other.
Noel has already talked about leaving Liam and going solo when the current tour ends but were worried things wont get that far. Theyve been on the road since last August and the stress of being in each others pockets is definitely taking its toll.
Sometimes I wish theyd just have a good punch-up like in the old days.
Watching two grown-up men talking to each other through their roadies when they have to communicate is pretty ridiculous.
Its a wonder they manage to perform so well when theyre on stage. This looks like the last tour, the source added.
An insider at the Gallaghers hotel in Spain said: Noel and Liam looked as if they were going out of their way to avoid each other. The only time I saw them together was when they checked in and they seemed more like arch-enemies than brothers from the look on their faces.
The insider added: They didnt even get the lift up to their rooms together and they ordered their room service separately so they obviously ate apart. They were supposed to see some music journalists together but even that didnt happen because Liam never showed.
The split fears come as Oasis prepare for their first trip to China next month, and they are then due to play in Manchester, Sunderland, Cardiff and Edinburgh in June before gigs at Coventry and London in July. (ANI)
- Liam Gallagher open for Oasis reunion - Oct 22, 2011
- Liam Gallagher re-ignites war of words with brother Noel - Jul 20, 2010
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
- Liam Gallagher sues Noel Gallagher - Aug 19, 2011
- Noel Gallagher to wed this month - Jun 03, 2011
- Liam Gallagher hints at Noel reconciliation - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Beady Eye' to perform at Daltrey's Cancer Benefit Gig - Feb 08, 2011
- Liam Gallagher vows to be back on stage within two months - Nov 15, 2009
- Noel Gallagher quits Oasis after fallout with brother - Aug 31, 2009
- Elton John calls Oasis 'stupid sods' for failing to crack America - Nov 29, 2010
- I am Lazy: Noel Gallagher - Aug 01, 2011
- Liam Gallagher forms new band 'Beady Eye' - May 26, 2010
- Gallagher's second album with 'Beady Eyes' - Apr 25, 2011
- Liam thrives on chaos: Brother Noel - Oct 19, 2011
- Liam Gallagher to reform Oasis only when he's broke - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: arch enemies, brothers fight, daily star, english rock band, february 12, fuel to the fire, gallagher brothers, gallaghers, going solo, hotel in spain, liam and noel gallagher, london feb, noel and liam, noel gallagher, roadies, rock band oasis, stormy relationship, two brothers, united front, vocalists