Oasis scrap Germany show over Liam Gallaghers ill healthJanuary 20th, 2009 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 20 (ANI): English band Oasis have scrapped their show in Dusseldorf, Germany after frontman Liam Gallagher was diagnosed with a severe throat condition.
The Wonderwall hitmakers were scheduled for a gig at the city’’s Philipshalle on January 19.
However, the concert was cancelled after doctors discovered an oedema on Gallagher’’s vocal chords.
Although the condition not that severe, but it could mean that the singer will have to rest his voice before going on stage again.
The rockers have apologised to fans for the cancellation in a message sent out through their official website.
“Oasis have been forced to postpone the show at the Philipshalle in Dusseldorf on medical advice. Liam Gallagher who has had a sore throat for the past few shows was examined by a doctor this morning. The doctor has diagnosed an oedema on Liam’’s vocal chords and has advised total rest for 48 hours, The Daily Express quoted the statement as saying.
The statement added: “The concert has been rescheduled for the 4th of February. All tickets will remain valid for the new date.
“Oasis are disappointed that they cannot continue with tonight’’s show as planned and would like to apologise to their fans for the inconvenience. All other dates on the Oasis European tour will go ahead as planned.” (ANI)
- Celine Dion cancels Las Vegas gigs - Feb 28, 2012
- Liam Gallagher re-ignites war of words with brother Noel - Jul 20, 2010
- Adele cancels US tour - Oct 05, 2011
- Noel Gallagher quits Oasis - Aug 29, 2009
- Mika Singh Makes Kapil Dev Paaji Rock To His Tunes! - Jul 17, 2010
- Oasis fan 'snorted Liam Gallagher's dandruff' - Jan 22, 2011
- Singer George Michael suffering from severe pneumonia, cancels UK tour - Nov 26, 2011
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Adele undergoes vocal chord surgery - Nov 10, 2011
- Noel Gallagher Quits Oasis: Blames Brother Liam For The Fall Out - Aug 29, 2009
- R. Kelly makes a live comeback on 'X Factor' - Dec 24, 2011
- Liam Gallagher sues Noel Gallagher - Aug 19, 2011
- Mayer cancels concerts dut to throat problem - Sep 18, 2011
- I am Lazy: Noel Gallagher - Aug 01, 2011
- Noel Gallagher quits Oasis after fallout with brother - Aug 31, 2009
Tags: band oasis, cancellation, daily express, doctors, dusseldorf germany, frontman, gallaghers, gig, hitmakers, ill health, inconvenience, january 19, liam gallagher, london jan, medical advice, new date, oedema, rockers, sore throat, vocal chords