Oasis rocker Liam Gallagher to renames the bandFebruary 8th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 8 (ANI): Liam Gallagher is set to change the name of his rock band Oasis after the exit of his brother Noel.
Noel quit the band during their European tour last year (09), following a string of fights with his sibling.
Liam and his remaining bandmates are now trying to begin work on a new record and he also has plans to rename the group.
“No, it’s not Oasis.That was a s**t name anyway. I’m glad to see the back of it,” the Daily Star quoted Liam, as telling radio station XFM.
He said: “There’s a name that we’re digging at the moment, but we’re going to get on with the music and see how it goes.”
Although Liam did not reveal the new name he assured fans they won’t have to wait long to see them performing.
Liam said: “We’ll be on stage this year - without a doubt. We’re halfway through the record - the demos, that is.
“We’re in the studio this April to see if this producer works out. If he does, we’ll crack on with the album through June and July.” (ANI)
- Liam Gallagher re-ignites war of words with brother Noel - Jul 20, 2010
- Liam Gallagher hints at Noel reconciliation - Jan 21, 2011
- Gallagher's second album with 'Beady Eyes' - Apr 25, 2011
- Liam Gallagher vows to be back on stage within two months - Nov 15, 2009
- Liam Gallagher forms new band 'Beady Eye' - May 26, 2010
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
- Liam Gallagher to reform Oasis only when he's broke - Jul 31, 2010
- Liam Gallagher says he has heard half of Noel's new album - Jan 06, 2011
- Beady Eye more fun than Oasis: Liam Gallagher - Dec 19, 2011
- Lionel Messi forms Oasis tribute band - Jul 31, 2010
- Liam Gallagher confident 'new band will be better than Oasis' - Nov 20, 2009
- Noel Gallagher 'is the next McCartney' - Oct 05, 2010
- Liam Gallagher open for Oasis reunion - Oct 22, 2011
- Liam thrives on chaos: Brother Noel - Oct 19, 2011
- Liam Gallagher says Noel never helped him protect mum from violent dad - Mar 10, 2011