NyooTV announces Euphoria rockumentary!August 26th, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 26, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): NyooTV, also known as India’s first online social television, has announced a documentary series on the journey of one of the country’s finest rock bands, Euphoria. Called “Hind Rock n Roll’ the documentary, produced by Gaurav Mendiratta, founder and president of NyooTV, will feature unheard of stories and experiences related to the videos of fourteen classic Euphoria songs.
Starting September 17, 2010, the documentary will be webcast on Nyootv.com in a series of fourteen bi-weekly episodes, bundled with contests and prizes like autographed CDs, tickets to Euphoria concerts, and a chance to meet the band’s lead singer, “rocker-doc’ – Dr Palash Sen. It is interesting to note that the launch date of the documentary coincides with the release date of the first-ever Euphoria promo of “Dhoom Pichuck Dhoom”, which had instantly catapulted the band to great heights.
Now the band is known to have a special place in the hearts of music lovers with hits like “Dhoom Pichuck Dhoom”, “Maaeri”, “Aana Tu Meri Gully” and “Mehfuz”. Through their videos, it has been instrumental in propping many careers, including those of Bollywood actresses Neha Dhupia, Rimi Sen and Vidya Balan.
Commenting on the venture, Mendiratta said, “We wanted to offer our viewers a lot more than just videos, so we decided to produce this series. We are sure Euphoria fans will love to relive old memories.”
Dr Palash Sen added, “Nowadays, people spend more time surfing the net than in front of their television set. I am sure that NyooTV will carry our music to millions of internet junkies around the world. Hope all will sing along, dance along and dhoom with us through our journey.”
Going by the success ratio of Euphoria and the euphoric slant of NyooTV, we wont be surprised if this documentary turns out to be a happening rockumentary!
- Palash Sen Finds Younger Lot Of His Band More Talented - Dec 28, 2010
- 'Satyamev Jayate' in copyright trouble with Euphoria - May 07, 2012
- Delhi grooves at India Gate as world observes Earth Hour - Mar 27, 2011
- Shringara, India, Karachi on weekend book cart (IANS Books This Week) - Oct 27, 2011
- Vidya Balan Bonded To Bengal And Durga Puja - Oct 15, 2010
- Delhi gets song, logo ahead of Games - Aug 25, 2010
- Mammootty Completes Shooting For Best Of Luck - Aug 03, 2010
- Indian music driven by films, says Palash Sen - Sep 18, 2012
- I'm happy that I am directing 'Dhoom 3': Victor - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Lamhaa' offers soft, soulful music (IANS Music Review) - Jun 20, 2010
- Euphoria composes music for Best of Luck - May 03, 2010
- Movie maestro Mrinal Sen turns 90 - May 14, 2012
- Now I know why Chetan Bhagat is famous: Amrita Puri (Movie Snippets) - Jul 09, 2012
- Euphoria: Song On Unity And Brotherhood Termed Abusive - Jan 31, 2011
- Colors Gives Green Signal For 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2' - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: aana, bollywood actresses, classic euphoria, documentary series, gully, internet junkies, journey of one, launch, meri, music lovers, neha dhupia, old memories, palash sen, rimi sen, rock bands, slant, success ratio, time surfing, vidya balan, world hope