Nymphomaniac from ‘Bheja Fry’ compares cricket with orgasmJune 20th, 2009 - 10:01 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
She was termed as ‘nymphomaniac’ in ‘Bheja Fry’ (2007). Couple of years after the release of the films, she continues to be stuck with that image even though she has worked in different films ever since then. While ‘My Friend Ganesha’ (2008) saw her playing a young mom, recent release ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’ (2009) had her play a bombshell professor.
This is not all as she has also worked on films like ‘My Daddy Strongest’ (with Kumar Gaurav) and ‘Mr. Bhatti On Chutti’ (with Anupam Kher), both are which are ready and slated for release soon. Meanwhile, she is glued to television and is happily following cricket. Though she is disheartened that India is out of contention for retaining the title as ICC 20:20 Champions, she continues to be positive about the fact that India will bounce back in many more championships to come.
On India’s loss
It’s disheartening, yes. We have one of the best teams in the world, yes. We surely did try our best to win, yes. But then anyone looking at predicting the outcome of a match is a fool.
On Dhoni’s captaincy
Captaincy is all about thinking ahead of the play, not about responding to it and Dhoni is an excellent captain.
On India’s twin religion - Cricket and Films
In India there are only 2 religions - Cricket and Films. I think it’s the greatest thing that God ever created on earth - certainly greater than sex. But sex isn’t too bad either. Cricket civilizes people and creates a gentleman out of a man. I want everyone in India to play cricket and I want ours to be a nation of gentleman.
On her own love for cricket
I love watching cricket. I am sitting at home glued to the television watching every single match. Cricket is too exciting to miss. Nothing excites me as much as cricket. However, I have never played it. After all, it requires one to assume such indecent postures.
On cricket being named so
I wonder why it’s named after an insect. Cricket is a psychological sport - 90% of cricket is played in the mind. Modern cricket is all about strategy - its a beautiful & highly stylized medieval war substitute.
On comparing cricket with an orgasm
Cricket is a brilliant game, cricket is the magic of chasing a dream, cricket is beautiful. Cricket is actually indescribable. After all, how do you describe an orgasm? -Sampurn Media
- Anupam shocked on censor cut in 'Mr.Bhatti On Chutti' - Apr 17, 2012
- Aniston loved playing a nymphomaniac - Jul 22, 2011
- "Bheja Fry 2 Was Never Supposed To Star Rajat Kapoor" - Sep 07, 2010
- Ranvir-Vinay in an Indianised 'Ocean's 11' - May 15, 2011
- 'Bheja Fry 2 was never supposed to star Rajat Kapoor' - Sep 10, 2010
- We should support Dhoni and team, says Kapil - Jan 20, 2012
- 'Bheja Fry 2' - Minissha's Sunday treat - Jun 19, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor inspires Minissha Lamba - Jun 14, 2011
- In 'Bheja Fry 2', idiot's journey continues abroad: Director - Feb 12, 2011
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011
- Kapil ashamed but says time to back India team (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Amitabh's appearance lends authenticity to 'Mr. Bhatti...': Anupam - May 08, 2012
- Not fair to judge Dhoni after two defeats, says Akram - Aug 03, 2011
- Rest required for Dhoni before Australia tour: Sourav - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Hum Tum Shabana', a bad attempt by Sagar Ballary (IANS Movie Review - Rating: * 1/2) - Sep 30, 2011