NYC Housewife Sonja Morgan blames John Travolta for her growing debtNovember 18th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 18 (ANI): Real Housewives of New York City star Sonja Morgan has filed for bankruptcy protection.
According to the Wall Street Journal, she has listed 19.8 million dollars in debt and 13.5 million dollars in assets on her bankruptcy petition.
“The decision to seek bankruptcy was not an easy one, but unfortunately, I am at a crossroads in my life,” Usmagazine.com quoted 46-year-old Bravo star as saying in the court papers.
Morgan blamed her growing debt on a failed movie venture with Hannibal Pictures Inc.
According to the reality star, production on ‘Fast Flash to Bang Time’ never began because its star, John Travolta, required “various conditions” that Sonja Productions was unable to meet.
Hannibal Pictures Inc. later filed a lawsuit against Morgan’s production company and won a 7 million dollars judgment.
In addition to the lawsuit, Morgan cited her “bitter” divorce from her husband, a man she described as “many years my senior and a descendent of J.P. Morgan and John Adams,” for her mounting financial woes. (ANI)
- "Real Housewives" Star Sonja Morgan Arrested For Drunk Driving - Jun 05, 2010
- Four cast members of the 'Housewives of New York' fired - Sep 16, 2011
- Teresa Giudice Talks About Her Bankruptcy On "The View" - Aug 03, 2010
- Holmes settles lawsuit with tabloid over drug story - Apr 28, 2011
- The Housewives toast to Sonja Morgan, the new arrival! - Apr 18, 2010
- Sheridan drops abuse claims against her former employers - Dec 18, 2010
- Teresa Giudice is a role model, says Naomi Campbell - Sep 11, 2010
- Star Of 'Real Housewives of New York City', Sonja Morgan, Arrested Allegedly For Driving While Intoxicated - Jun 05, 2010
- Travolta in legal trouble over alleged gay encounters - Jun 23, 2012
- Longoria, Fey named highest paid TV actresses - Sep 29, 2011
- Longoria's Vegas restaurant goes bankrupt - Jan 08, 2011
- National Enquirer: Publisher files for bankruptcy - Nov 18, 2010
- 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Guidice files for bankruptcy - Jun 08, 2010
- Tony and I have decided to divorce: Eva Longoria - Nov 18, 2010
- Eva Longoria sued for $4m by former Las Vegas nightclub partner - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: 5 million, assets, bankruptcy petition, bankruptcy protection, bitter divorce, city star, crossroads, financial woes, hannibal pictures inc, housewife, j p morgan, john adams, john travolta, judgment, million dollars, real housewives, sonja, star production, wall street, wall street journal