Now, Jonathan Demme ‘pulls out’ of Bob Marley documentaryAugust 14th, 2009 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 14 (ANI): After Martin Scorsese, Jonathan Demme has also pulled out of ‘Marley,’ an upcoming documentary about the life and music of Jamaican reggae legend Bob Marley, according to sources.
Scorsese dropped out of the project last May citing “scheduling conflicts,” and Demme was brought on to replace him but now he is out of the film too.
A source suggests that Demme’s exit took place after the movie’s producer, Bill Clinton pal Steve Bing, saw the director’s first round of editing and was less than impressed.
The documentary has been authorized by Marley’s family, reports the New York Post.
‘Marley’ is slated for release on Feb. 6 but it is not clear whether Demme’s departure would delay that.
Marley died of cancer in 1980 but his face continues to grace T-shirts sold around the world, and he’s considered a prophet to generations of pot-smoking mystics. (ANI)
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- Bob Marley 'blacked up with shoe polish in a bid to appear more African' - Dec 05, 2010
- Marley's family wins image rights case - Jan 23, 2011
- Brazilian supermodel to wed one of Bob Marley's sons - May 14, 2012
- Scorsese walks out on Marley film - May 22, 2008
- Biopic on reggae legend Bob Marley - Aug 21, 2010
- Bob Marley family loses copyright fight with Universal Music Group - Sep 15, 2010
- Bob Marley's son defends controversial book about dad - Mar 18, 2010
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- Mary Steenburgen And Ted Danson At Chelsea Clinton's Wedding - Aug 01, 2010
- Drake wants to be music icon - Mar 31, 2012
- Bob Dylan turns 70 Tuesday - May 24, 2011
- Marley family, Weinstein Co. ironing out movie details - Mar 25, 2008
- George Harrison film a labour of love: Scorsese - May 18, 2010
- China ups ante at T-shirts with Wen's quotes - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: bill clinton, bob marley, cancer, conflicts, documentary, generations, jonathan, jonathan demme, legend bob marley, martin scorsese, music, mystics, new york post, pal steve, pot smoking, prophet, reggae legend, steve bing