Now, Indian version of ‘The X Factor’ coming soon!January 21st, 2011 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) All aspiring singers who have been waiting to audition for the sixth season of music reality show “Indian Idol”, hold on! There’s something bigger in store as Sony Entertainment Television is set to launch internationally famous show “The X Factor” in India soon.
“‘Indian Idol’ will come, but this year we are launching another big reality show - ‘The X Factor’. All we can say is that it will be very big,” Ajit Thakur, executive vice president and business head, Sony Entertainment Television told IANS.
The channel has been successfully airing “Indian Idol”, the desi version of “Pop Idol” for a long time and has already conducted five seasons of the show. What then is the reason behind getting another music-based reality show?
“It’s too early to comment on anything…we can’t tell you the details as yet. All we can say is Indian Idol’ will come back, but not sure when,” added Thakur.
“The X Factor” was first created and produced by music mogul Simon Cowell. It was originated in Britain as a replacement for “Pop Idol”, and is now aired in several countries.
The channel is showing the clippings from the original shows right now.
Sony has lately been riding high on reality shows. After bringing back “Kaun Banega Crorepati” with megastar Amitabh Bachchan last year, the channel launched the fourth season dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4″ with dancing diva Madhuri Dixit, “Munni” girl Malaika Arora Khan and choreographer Remo D’Souza on the judge’s panel.
“Maa Exchange”, a twisted version of internationally hit show “Wife Swap” is also grabbing eyeballs on Sony.
But will “The X Factor” repeat its international success in India?
- Colors acquires 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', signs Madhuri - Feb 14, 2012
- Parents Television Councils Slaps 'Skins' With Child Pornography Allegations - Jan 22, 2011
- Chinese Indian Meiyang Chang bags 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' trophy - Mar 09, 2011
- Archana eliminated from 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Jul 14, 2012
- Madhuri, Remo to judge 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4' - Nov 26, 2010
- Amitabh signs for two more seasons of 'KBC' - Jan 19, 2011
- Hema, Helen set small screen on fire - Dec 13, 2010
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Television actors dominate 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 4' - Dec 08, 2010
- Malaika teaches 'Munni' steps to Madhuri - Jan 31, 2011
- Meiyang Chang confirms hosting 'India's Got Talent 3' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 12, 2011
- 'X-Factor' is beyond the mediocracy of talent shows: Sonu Nigam - Feb 23, 2011
- Ronit Roy's viral woes (TV Snippets) - Aug 09, 2012
- Simon Cowell earns $208,230 a day - Apr 14, 2011
- Madhuri, Saroj recreate magic on 'Jhalak...' (With Image) - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: ajit, amitabh bachchan, aspiring singers, business head, crorepati, five seasons, indian idol, international success, madhuri dixit, malaika arora, pop idol, reality show, reality shows, season dance, simon cowell, sixth season, sony entertainment television, thakur, wife swap, x factor