Now I value my wife, health more than ever: Shatrughan SinhaAugust 3rd, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) He is now 12 kg lighter, wiser and more health-conscious - veteran actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who has been in the hospital since a month, says he is raring to get back to normal, and admits he values his wife and health even more now.
“I’ve never felt better. I am raring to go back to my normal routine. I’ll take it easy for a while after I am home again. The positive outcome of this experience is that I value my wife and my health, in that order much more than before. Not that I was ever careless,” the 66-year-old said from the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital here.
He says he doesn’t even drink.
“I lead a regimented life. I do yoga every morning. I sleep early and wake up fairly early. I also had medical tests done regularly. So this freak health-hazard has not been caused by negligence and over-indulgence on my part,” he said.
Shatrughan was admitted to the hospital July 2 after he suffered severe respiratory problem due to painting work at his residence here.
“It was probably the adulterated paint in our new home that brought on this condition. I was rushed to the hospital. I was sure I’d be discharged by evening. I dozed off at the hospital… I was oblivious for four days. I woke up on July 6,” he recounted.
His condition took a nosedive July 16, and he underwent bypass surgery for “a couple of blockages” in his heart.
Now he says he is fine.
“By the grace of god, the excellent care taken by all the doctors and staff at this hospital, the good wishes of my fans and friends, and most importantly my wife’s constant attention and prayers, I am now fully recovered. I’ll be in hospital for a few days more for physiotherapy and tests before I am packed home,” he said.
His stay in the hospital also made him realise the respect he commands in the Indian film fraternity.
“I got to know how much the film industry loves me,” said the actor, who got visitors like Amitabh Bachchan, Ramesh Sippy and Akshay Kumar.
As soon as the ‘Shotgun’ is back to complete normalcy, he plans to start working on a film with Akshay.
“It’s a subject that he has been desirous of doing with me for a long time. Akshay came and told me, ‘Sir, ab to meri baat maan lijiye (At least agree to work with me now).’ I’ve agreed. But he has laid down a pre-condition. Akhsay says our shooting shifts would be 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. I am game,” he said.
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Dad's hale and hearty: Sonakshi Sinha - Jul 03, 2012
- I can't defy any command from my daughter: Shatrughan Sinha - Aug 15, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha stable, but gets breathless - Jul 11, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha's hospital stay to continue - Jul 07, 2012
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- Shatrughan Sinha remains in hospital, medication adjusted: Doctor - Jul 12, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha to host Bhojpuri KBC, Sonakshi on hot seat - May 01, 2011
- Big B, Jaya visit Shatrughan Sinha in hospital (Movie Snippets) - Jul 20, 2012
- Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- My father is fine now, says Sonakshi Sinha - Jul 20, 2012
- Kush Sinha to direct siblings Sonakshi, Luv - Jul 06, 2012
- Vivek's reception sees more political stars, less Bollywood - Nov 01, 2010
- Shatrugan Sinha stable, says son Luv - Jul 06, 2012
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, blockages, constant attention, excellent care, film industry, fraternity, grace of god, health hazard, indian film, indulgence, kokilaben dhirubhai ambani hospital, medical tests, negligence, physiotherapy, politician, prayers, respiratory problem, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, veteran actor