Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shootDecember 27th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 27 (IANS) Chitrangada Singh has adorned the cover pages of several fashion magazines — but only in western wear. The actress is also open to draping a sari for a cover shoot.
“Cover in a sari, yeah, I would love to, I love saris, and I think it looks pretty good on me. You are right, I started off my films with a sari, you know that’s what I wore in my first film so I would love to and I don’t know why no body has ever thought of it,” she said at the unveiling of the cover page of Maxim magazine featuring her.
Married to golfer Jyoti Randhawa, Chitrangada, 35, featured in “Yeh Saali Zindagi” and “Desi Boyz” this year.
Talking about the idea behind being a cover girl, she said: “I think the idea is to uncover yourself… because people want to read about you, know about you,” said Chitrangada who took a long break after her debut on big screen in 2003 with “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi” to start a family with Randhawa.
But now she is very active in showbiz and for next year, she has item number “Kaafirana” in Shirish Kunder’s “Joker” and the movie “I, Me Aur Main” with John Abraham.
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- Chitrangada still struggling to get over 'Geeta Rao' - May 01, 2012
- My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: Chitrangada - Jul 31, 2012
- Serious to comic to Santa: Chitrangada Singh's new avatars - Jan 10, 2012
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- People couldn't imagine me in a commercial role: Chitrangada - Nov 18, 2011
- Chitrangada calls herself trendsetter, not follower - Feb 22, 2012
- Chitrangada Singh: Glad That Hubby Jyoti Randhawa Is As Ambitious - Dec 20, 2010
- My husband understands my ambition, supports me: Chitrangada Singh - Dec 20, 2010
- Link-up with Sudhir did upset me: Chitrangada Singh - Jan 26, 2011
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- Chitrangada game for more item songs - Aug 29, 2012
- No qualms in working with Priyanka: Akshay Kumar (Movie Snippets) - Nov 16, 2011
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' about twisted tales of love (IANS Movie Preview) - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: actress, aisi, chitrangada singh, cover girl, cover pages, debut, desi boyz, fashion magazines, john abraham, joker, jyoti randhawa, long break, maxim magazine, saali, sari, saris, shirish kunder, showbiz, unveiling, zindagi