Now, camp in a tent if you are in Goa for IFFIOctober 4th, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 4 (IANS) If you haven’t booked rooms in a cramped hotel already, delegates and film enthusiasts queuing up for the 42nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) can now book specially set up tents in a ‘Film Village’ adjoining the venue.
For Rs.200 a head per day, the delegates signing up would be served breakfast and round the clock security, said a statement issued Tuesday by the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), a Goa government body which looks after the logistics for the IFFI.
“The Village specially offers a new vision of accommodation and a rich public experience by weaving together the natural ecology, local culture, urban context and a backdrop paradigm of healthy living - a unique experience for the low budget IFFI delegate,” the ESG claimed.
The Film Village is being set up alongside the picturesque Mandovi river, adjoining the IFFI venue and will also have facilities like sailing, table tennis, among others.
Nearly 5,000 delegates attend the IFFI here annually, which kicks off in the last week of November, coinciding with the tourist season in Goa.
- 'Filmmakers not being involved in film popularisation in Goa' - Dec 01, 2011
- Tags to Raj Kapoor lounge - sponsors chip in at IFFI - Nov 18, 2011
- Goa film fest boosting our brand, says Kingfisher - Nov 17, 2010
- IFFI aims to be 'people friendly' - Sep 05, 2011
- Shoe-string, pocket-money budget films get toehold at IFFI - Nov 18, 2010
- IFFI organisers use football to warm up Goans to films - Nov 11, 2011
- Mike Pandey urges centre, Goa to bury IFFI hatchet - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Gattu' to open Goa's Children's Film Festival - May 05, 2012
- Goa To Uphold Itself As Film Shooting Spot During IFFI - Sep 21, 2010
- Liquor baron to give away short film awards at IFFI - Nov 29, 2010
- Goa film festival to have e-ticketing for delegates - Nov 11, 2010
- Chota Cinema Centre - a window for Goan filmmakers - Dec 01, 2011
- Spanish documentary wins Golden Lamp at IFFI - Nov 30, 2010
- Squabbles over IFFI should stop: Goa chief minister - Sep 22, 2010
- Jugglers, acrobats, jazz artists to enliven IFFI this year - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: backdrop, clock security, cramped hotel, delegates, esg, film enthusiasts, goa government, government body, international film festival, low budget, mandovi river, new vision, panaji, paradigm, public experience, rs 200, table tennis, tents, tourist season, urban context