Now an award to encourage young designersMay 7th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) After numerous fashion events come the Design Awards, which will encourage young and aspiring talents in the field of fashion by appreciating their work with an award.
The initiative has been taken by DLF Emporio, a luxury mall in the capital.
“We are extremely proud to announce a platform such as Design Awards for the students who are the stars of tomorrow. It’s our delight to bring together the best of creative talents and honour their creativity,” said Dinaz Madhukar, vice president, DLF Emporio, in a statement.
The first competition will be held May 16 and the students are selected from a London institute as well as colleges in Delhi, Kolkata and Gandhinagar.
The candidates will be selected by a jury, which has names like Rohit Bal, socialite Priya Sachdev, fashion editor Bandana Tiwari and entrepreneur Mohit Gujral.
- Now share your wedding wish-list with your guests - Aug 25, 2012
- Agragami, a step to bridge gap between old and new designers, entrepreneurs - May 22, 2011
- Suneet Varma to bring Armani Junior to India - Nov 29, 2011
- Rohit Bal, Lancome unveil bridal makeup range (With Image) - Aug 26, 2009
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Jaipur boy wins sixth edition of 'The Debut' - Mar 01, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- Rohit Bal's grand finale gets standing ovation - Mar 07, 2012
- From glamour to business, Rajasthan Fashion Week promises to be grand - May 23, 2012
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- Foreign models shine on Indian ramp - designers tell you why - Mar 04, 2011
- Cufflinks to carpets, Rohit Bal spreads design net wide (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Gaurang wins best designer award - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: colleges in delhi, creative talents, creativity, design awards, designers, dlf, entrepreneur, fashion editor, fashion events, honour, initiative, kolkata, london institute, New Delhi, rohit bal, socialite, stars of tomorrow, vice president