Now, Aamir Khan turns barberOctober 15th, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) After playing a milkman, Bollywood actor Aamir Khan will be seen donning the garb of a barber and a shopkeeper in new TV commercials.
Aamir, who is the brand ambassador of TataSky, plays a barber and a shopkeeper in two different television commercials of the DTH service.
In both the ads, the customer walks in asking for a particular haircut or a white shirt, while he is forced to take something completely different. The situation shown in the films draws a parallel between the DTH companies and the barber and the shopkeeper and has been communicated through the use of humour and satire.
Conceptualised by Ogilvy and Mather, the core theme of the ads revolves around TruChoice Packages being offered by Tata Sky.
Television viewers — whether cable or DTH — don’t have the true choice of selecting only those channels that they wish to watch. In the process, they end up paying for a host of channels they don’t watch or like. These packages give the subscriber the option of watching only those channels he/she likes to watch.
Earlier, the actor had actually turned into a barber while promoting his film “Ghajini”, where Aamir was seen giving his typical Ghajini-style haircut to his fans.
- Aamir Khan Turns Milkman For TataSky - Sep 09, 2010
- Aamir Khan now turns a milkman (With Images) - Sep 07, 2010
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Court asks Tata Sky, others to pay tax to Gujarat - Jan 03, 2011
- Deposit entertainment tax, Gujarat court tells TataSky - Oct 13, 2010
- It was difficult to play half man-half woman: Aamir Khan - Oct 14, 2008
- I'll do Tamil films if offered good script: Asin - Jun 03, 2009
- Tata Sky gearing up to meet demand post-digitisation - Feb 15, 2012
- Asin teams up with 'Sardar' Aamir for Tata Sky ad - Mar 24, 2009
- Are celebrities used as substitutes for ideas in commercials? - Feb 04, 2009
- Tamil Nadu to tax DTH firms, IPL matches - Sep 14, 2011
- Missed the new blockbuster in town? Catch it on DTH - Oct 20, 2009
- Doordarshan DTH platform expansion to benefit viewers - Jun 09, 2011
- Indra Nooyi, Piyush Pandey to speak at AdAsia 2011 - Sep 08, 2011
- TRAI move on STB interoperability receives mixed response - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, ambassador, bollywood actor, core theme, dth service, garb, ghajini, haircut, New Delhi, new tv, ogilvy and mather, satire, shopkeeper, sky television, tata sky, tatasky, television commercials, television viewers, true choice, tv commercials