Now a film based on Osho’s ideology (Movie Snippets)March 26th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 26 (IANS) After scripting “Gandhi to Hitler”, Nalin Singh is set to make a movie inspired by the ideologies of spiritual guru Osho.
Co-scripted by Singh and Arunesh Ranjan, the film revolves around a successful rock band in search of ‘moksha’.
“My film is all about sex, god and rock and roll. It is an international film and the subject has been in my mind for years,” said Singh.
“It was a very challenging task for us to put Osho’s ideology in a fictional story,” added Ranjan.
The film will go on floors by June.
Sajid Khan praises ‘anarkali’ Malaika
Director Sajid Khan is all praise for “Munni” Malaika Arora Khan, who has sizzled in the item song “Anarkali Disco chali” from his forthcoming “Housefull 2″. No wonder she is seen in all his films.
“Besides Akshay Kumar, it was Malaika Arora Khan who has been associated with Sajid Khan’s films. Malaika’s item song in ‘Housefull 2′ ‘Anarkali Disco Chali’ has hit the chartbusters big time,” the 40-year-old tweeted.
Sajid and Malaika share a close friendship.
“When she got married, I was her best man. Arbaaz (Khan) is my childhood buddy. Malaika was part of ‘Heyy Baby’, she was part of ‘Housefull’. (My sister) Farah and Malaika also share a superb tuning and every time they work together, they have always given hit songs,” he added.
“Housefull 2″ features Shazahn Padamsee, Jacqueline Fernandez, Asin Thottumkal, Zarine Khan, Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, John Abraham, Shreyas Talpade, Boman Irani, Mithun Chakraborty, Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor. It releases April 5.
John is selfless: Ayushmann Khurrana
VJ-turned-actor Ayushmann Khurrana, who plays the lead role in John Abraham’s debut production venture “Vicky Donor”, says the latter is one of the most selfless person he has ever come across.
“John’s association with this film is a cherry on the cake. He has also done a promotional number for the film. He is a very selfless guy, he could have cast himself in the movie but he believes that justice should be done to the character,” Ayushmann told IANS.
The film deals with the issue of sperm donation. It also features veteran actor Annu Kapoor and actress Yami Gautam.
Ayushmann is in favour of star associations with films on socially relevant causes, but there’s a catch, he says.
“I think more than the star, content is the king. If the script is not strong then even star associations don’t matter,” he added.
“Vicky Donor” will hit the silver screen April 20.
- 'Anarkali disco chali' puts pressure on Malaika, Farah - Feb 13, 2012
- Ayushmann turns composer, singer for 'Vicky Donor' - Mar 23, 2012
- Bollywood open to everybody: Malaika - Jun 20, 2012
- Rawness core of 'Vicky Donor' music album (IANS Music Review) - Apr 11, 2012
- I'm doing Telugu version of 'Vicky Donor': Madhura Sreedhar - Sep 13, 2012
- Sonam mum on film with Dhanush (Movie Snippets) - Mar 24, 2012
- My time in Bollywood has just started: John - Apr 02, 2012
- Direction my final destination: John Abraham - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Not thought about 'Vicky Donor' sequel: John - May 17, 2012
- Salim Khan likes 'Vicky Donor', gives his Filmfare trophy to Sircar - Apr 25, 2012
- Time now to groove on Bollywood's hot item songs - Jul 14, 2012
- John Abraham believes in sperm donation - Mar 08, 2012
- Star-studded 'Jhalak...' opener promises dance, drama galore - Jun 17, 2012
- Ayushmann in talks for 'Tere Bin Laden' sequel - May 29, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, arbaaz khan, asin thottumkal, boman irani, childhood buddy, debut production, housefull, jacqueline fernandez, john abraham, malaika arora, malaika arora khan, mithun chakraborty, randhir kapoor, rishi kapoor, riteish deshmukh, sajid khan, sex god, Shreyas Talpade, spiritual guru, zarine khan