Now ‘99′ too defies strike, gets set to arrive on 1st MayApril 11th, 2009 - 10:15 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
While bigger producers are battling it out for equal rights with multiplexes and refraining from releasing any new films, relatively smaller producers have a different take on the situation. While this Friday saw the arrival of as many as six films - TERA MERA KI RISHTA, EK SE BURE DO, COFFEE HOUSE, PAL PAL DIL KE SAATH, SCHOOL DAYS and ROYAL UTSAV, even in weeks to come there would be something or other trickling in at theaters. One such film which has made it’s plans quite clear in advance is ‘99′ which is certainly arriving on 1st May.
Says a source attached to the film, “The response to the theatrical promo of ‘99′ has been amazing and we have all the plans for reaching out to the audience. We have kick started promotion on quite a few popular Bollywood portals and social networking sites. The promo has come in for quite some good feedback and movie buffs have been appreciating the super slick, fast-paced and funny feel of this comic thriller.”
Produced by Anupam Mittal and Aditya Shastri of People Pictures, ‘99′ is directed by debutants Raj Nidimoru & Krishna DK and promises to be an original concoction of crime, comedy and coolness.
“Ours is an original story inspired by real events between 1999 and 2000″, says Krishna, “It is as much “what could have been” as it is “what really happened.” In other words, it is historical ﬁction. It may all sound a little tricky on paper but the treatment has been kept simple enough for audience to grasp the film’s graph. You would know exactly what we have tried to get into the narrative once you see the film.”
Starring Kunal Khemu and Soha Ali Khan in lead with Cyrus Broacha and Simone Singh playing an integral part of the film, ‘99′ is touted to be an unpredictable and hilarious ride spread over two cities with colorful characters, unbelievable circumstances, small time crooks, big time conspiracies, fateful car crashes, loads of coffee, a briefcase full of money, a budding romance and a historical controversy brewing in the background!
All set to arrive now on 1st May, the film also features the trio of Boman Irani, Mahesh Manjrekar, and Vinod Khanna in important parts. -Sampurn Media
- Saif steals a march over Abhay-Genelia's zombie movie! - Jan 06, 2012
- Saif steals a march over Abhay-Genelia's zombie movie! (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Why a good entertainer like 99 got a lukewarm response? - May 19, 2009
- "I won't be very comfortable calling '99' as a comedy" - Kunal Khemu - May 08, 2009
- Movie Review: 99 - May 15, 2009
- '99' to bring back smiles for beleaguered Bollywood? - May 14, 2009
- New releases open to pathetic response - Apr 11, 2009
- Overseas market next halt for 'Shor In The City': Director - May 01, 2011
- '99' to end dry spell at multiplexes - May 13, 2009
- 99 is summer 2009's biggest hit grossing 17.07 crore in 21 days - Jun 13, 2009
- Saif, Abhay in battle of the zombies - Jul 02, 2011
- Kunal Khemu releases music album of '99' - Apr 17, 2009
- '99' draws average footfall, but producers confident - May 17, 2009
- I'll miss my 'kaffeine kick': Karan Johar (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Apr 18, 2011
- Soha, Kunal together on 'Superstar Santa' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: anupam mittal, car crashes, coffee house, colorful characters, comic thriller, concoction, crime comedy, cyrus broacha, joginder, kunal khemu, movie buffs, multiplexes, new films, shastri, simone singh, small time crooks, social networking sites, soha ali khan, unbelievable circumstances, utsav