‘Nouka Dubi’ to premiere at IFFINovember 15th, 2010 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Bengali filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh’s “Nouka Dubi”, featuring the Sen sisters Riya and Raima, will have its world premiere at the upcoming International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
The film will open the India Premier Section Nov 24 at the 41st IFFI, which is to be held Nov 22-Dec 2.
“Nouka Dubi”, produced by Subhash Ghai, is a tale of four cross-wired lovers, and is based on an eponymous story by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore. It also features well known Bengali actors Prosenjit Chatterjee and Jisshu Sengupta, and has been made in Bengali as well as Hindi.
The entire cast, producer, director and crew will be present for a limited screening for select audience at the festival. The screening is also a celebration of Tagore’s 150th anniversary.
The film is slated for a worldwide release towards the end of January 2011.
- Rabindranath Tagore's 'Nouka Dubi' To Be Revisited By Rituparno Ghosh & Subhash Ghai! - Nov 29, 2010
- Rituporna Ghosh's Film 'Nouka Dubi' Produced By Subhash Ghai To Be Premiered At IFFI Goa At The ... - Nov 16, 2010
- 'Nouka Dubi', 'Love Express' set for May release - Feb 24, 2011
- Ghai launches 'Nouka Dubi' music on boat (With Image) - May 15, 2011
- Ghai to release Ghosh's 'Nouka Dubi' in Hindi - Apr 30, 2011
- Riya Sen makes Bengali film debut with Rituparno film - Nov 01, 2009
- Gulzar to translate Tagore poetry in Hindi for 'Nauka Dubi' - Nov 25, 2010
- 150 years of Tagore: The magic still endures - May 04, 2010
- 150 years: Tagore magic still alive on screen (Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Thriller, comedy, drama at the box office this Friday - May 18, 2011
- New York Indian filmfest to open with 'Do Dooni Chaar' - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Kashmakash' mundane remake of Tagore novel (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - May 20, 2011
- Ritupono Ghosh: Riya Sen Is a Very Talented Actress, But Her Talent Still Unexplored - Nov 18, 2010
- Mithun starrer 'Nobel Chor' to be screened at 55th BFI London fest - Sep 07, 2011
- 'Films on Tagore Stories' put together for 150th birth anniversary - May 04, 2011
Tags: 150th anniversary, actors, bengali, celebration, chatterjee, dubi, filmmaker, ghai, goa, iffi, international film festival, New Delhi, nobel laureate, rabindranath tagore, raima, rituparno ghosh, riya, sengupta, world premiere, worldwide release