Nothing extraordinary about ‘Daddy Cool’ music (IANS Music Review)August 16th, 2009 - 8:52 am ICT by IANS
By Ruchika Kher
Album: “Daddy Cool”; Music Directors: Raghav Sachar and Farhad-Sajid; Lyricists: Prashant Ingole, Aditya Dhar and Farhad-Sajid; Singers: Raghav Sachar, Paroma P. Dasgupta, Neha Bhaseen and Farhad; Rating: **
The music album of the film “Daddy Cool” just has three numbers. Composed by the young Raghav Sachar, who has earlier given music for films like “Sunday” and “Kabul Express” among others, the tracks don’t offer anything extraordinary that instantly grabs the attention of the listener.
The multi-starrer features Aftab Shivdasani, Javed Jaffrey, Ashish Chaudhary, Tulip Joshi, Sophie Chaudhary and Aarti Chhabria. The movie by Hyderabad-based director K. Murli Mohan Rao is set to release Aug 28.
The album opens with the title track, which is an Indianised version of 1976 hit song “Daddy cool” by Boney M. Sung by the composer himself along with Paroma P. Dasgupta, the song does capture the listener’s attention but not for long.
The track also has a remixed version, which might find place at the DJ consoles.
Next in line is a slow-paced song “Nasha nasha” by Neha Bhaseen. It has touches of lounge music and is a combination of both English and Hindi lyrics. Even though there is nothing practically wrong with the song, it somehow fails to make a mark. But the vocals by Neha are worth giving it one hear.
“Nasha nasha” too has a remixed version.
Finally the soundtrack offers “Life life”, a song that has a heard-before feel. Sung by Farhad, the fast-paced number is composed by the singer and his partner Sajid. There is nothing new in the number as far as the music is concerned.
The lack of songs in the album is filled with two bonus tracks from the 2007 film “Dhamaal”. The two numbers are “Dekho dekho dil ye bole” and “Miss India martee mujhpe” - both composed by Adnan Sami.
On the whole, the album offers nothing much in terms of variety and quality. It comes across as just another film soundtrack.
- 'Bittoo Boss' packs right punch with desi tadka, global sound (IANS Music Review) - Mar 28, 2012
- 'Bol Bachchan' music fails to hold interest (IANS Music Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- Daddy Cool music all set to make you dance! - Aug 11, 2009
- 'Department' - lively, powerful soundtrack (IANS music review) - May 13, 2012
- Get a taste of romance, action with 'Ek Tha Tiger' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- 'I AM' music strikes a chord with listeners (IANS Music Review) - Apr 18, 2011
- Edgy, quirky music in Anurag Kashyap's 'Shaitan' (IANS Music Review) - May 24, 2011
- Shortcomings abound, 'Tezz' soundtrack still leaves a mark (IANS Music Review) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan's music interplay of folk and fun (IANS Music Review) - Aug 12, 2011
- 'Kaun kenda hai' my personal favourite: composer (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- X-factor missing from 'Murder 2' music (IANS Music Review) - Jun 02, 2011
- Situational songs dominate 'Bheja Fry 2' album (IANS Music Review) - May 27, 2011
- 'Dabangg' has entertaining soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal' soundtrack lacks fizz (IANS music review) - Sep 13, 2012
- Lack of freshness in 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' album (IANS Music Review) - May 22, 2011
Tags: aarti chhabria, adnan sami, aftab shivdasani, ashish chaudhary, bonus tracks, cool music, dhar, javed jaffrey, kabul express, lounge music, lyricists, miss india, mohan rao, murli, music directors, raghav sachar, remixed version, song daddy, sophie chaudhary, tulip joshi