Not the ‘Late’ Simple KapadiaApril 3rd, 2010 - 12:38 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 3, 2010(Sampurn Wire): Dimple Kapadia’s deceased sister Simple, who was doing her star-sister’s costumes in Tum Milo Toh Sahi until she was too unwell, is credited in the film for her work. But, not as a posthumous presence.
“I haven’t credited her as the “Late’ Simple Kapadia. For us who were among the last fortunate folks to have spent time with her, she never went away. Her laughter and her joie de vivre remain with us. Though Pooja Chabria took over Dimple’s clothes after she was unwell Simple would was still a part of the whole procedure,” says director Kabir Sadanand emotionally.
Kabir didn’t allow any pictures to be taken when Simple would come to the sets, “I didn’t want the world to see her in a wheelchair. Even though she was ill she insisted on coming to the sets and spending time with us. When we’d ask about her health she would turn around and say, “Who’s ill around here?’ Her spirit carried us forward to the end of the film.”
Director Kabir Sadanand who was making Tum Milo To Sahi right at the time when his leading lady Dimple Kapadia was facing the worst crisis of her life.
Her sister Simple was dying.
Kabir tells us, “Not once did Dimple bring her grief to the sets. Not once did we get to feel the enormity of her suffering. Every day she was in and out of the hospital and on the sets on time ready to face the camera.”
Even when Simple was gone the show went on.
“Dimple doesn’t believe that the world needs to know about her suffering. She internalized all the pain that she felt about Simple’s condition,” says Kabir.
-Subhash K Jha/ Sampurn Wire
- Simple Kapadia, not 'late' for "Tum Milo..." crew - Apr 03, 2010
- Dimple's look in 'Tum Milo...' styled by late sister (With Images) - Mar 22, 2010
- Dimple Kapadia is the most passionate newcomer I have met that not even for a second could I feel that she is a big star-Kabir Sadanand - Apr 02, 2010
- I think it is very important for any actor to struggle before he or she is able to get a break - Dimple Kapadia - Apr 01, 2010
- I need good scripts and directors: Dimple Kapadia - Apr 02, 2010
- If only my Dad, Sharukh Mirza, who had discovered Isha Koppikkar, was alive today, My career would have charted a different course -- Rehan Khan - Mar 29, 2010
- Akshay Kumar should get national award: Dimple Kapadia - Mar 30, 2010
- The Secret of Dimple's Ageless Beauty is Poker! - Apr 01, 2010
- Tum Milo To Sahi (2010) - Apr 02, 2010
- I relate to my character in 'Tum Milo...': Anjana Sukhani - Mar 28, 2010
- When Bollywood actors went de-glam and geeky (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Tum Milo Toh Sahi' about timeless love (IANS Preview) - Mar 30, 2010
- Nana gives me a complex, Rishi an atom bomb: Dimple Kapadia (Interview) - Mar 25, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna unwell, stops food intake - Jun 20, 2012
- Dimple Kapadia's 'Tum Milo Toh Sahi' to release in January (With Images) - Nov 20, 2009
Tags: clothes, costumes, deceased sister, dimple kapadia, enormity, film director, grief, Health Science, laughter, leading lady, presence, right at the time, sahi, simple kapadia, spending time, spirit, subhash k jha, suffering, unwell, wheelchair